Graphics Commissions | 7.1.2021

Hi fellow DevForum members! Basically, I was wondering: Does anyone have any tips for getting more commissions? If so, please reply to this topic! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Advertise your commissions on various social medias.

2 Likes

I’ve advertised mine on my YouTube channel but it hasn’t made a difference.

1 Like

You may want to try some more popular social medias, made for posting topics, like Twitter.

1 Like

Not everyone uses Twitter and anyways the platform can be a toxic battlefield.

1 Like

Well, I was just stating the obvious :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

It hasn’t worked yet personally for me, but try putting on discounts to get more customers in.

1 Like

Try joining some discord servers or even join a GFX company, that will help get your name out there and people will start coming to you.

2 Likes

What if your parents restrict your social media access? Not everyone uses Discord.

3 Likes

I’m in like 1 Discord GFX server lol but I haven’t received much orders.

Try joining the group recruiting plaza discord there’s tons of people looking for GFX designers.

1 Like

Youtube is a mere video posting site. To allow a lot of people to actually see your videos, you need to upload consistently. While if you post something with good tags/good work, people will automatically see it.

1 Like

I have access to the community tab as well so I can technically post stuff.

3 Likes

You’re not going to gain a large following for roblox graphics on YouTube. Dedicated art sites, discord servers, or Twitter are your best bet. And you can’t expect to blow up overnight, you need a ton of patience when advertising.

1 Like

The best thing to do is actually look for big groups that are hiring GFX designers, and working for them if they accept it. Other people will look at the GFX and your name will get out there. If people like it they will commission you for their own groups. Another thing to do is make a GFX group for yourself, and spend robux on ads for the group, showcasing your GFX work. Good luck! Hope this helped.

1 Like

Please read these two:

And anyways, I don’t dedicate my channel specifically to graphics, I only put a notice in a video or two.

2 Likes

That’s why I included other platforms. Twitter may be toxic but you can easily disable replies on things you post, it’s how most designers interact so if you choose not to use it then it’s fine. And I didn’t say you did?

3 Likes