GraphicsTextureCharacter in Memory Analyzer does not work correctly

Issue:
The Memory Analyzer’s GraphicsTextureCharacter section does not correctly work and hides memory amounts, as well as, the TextLabels inside and below the section. (See the attached pictures for a better explanation). This issue occurs in both live games and Roblox Studio play tests. This issue has occurred ever since this feature was released.

Expected Behaviour:
To show the memory amounts and not cause the UI to hide other TextLabels inside the Memory Analyzer breakdown.

Reproduction:
Join a game or open a new Roblox Studio play test, open the Memory Analyzer in F9 for client, scroll down into the GraphicsTextureCharacter section and open it. Scrolling and looking at it causes the Memory Analyzer to become weird.

Attached Pictures:
Picture of Issue:

Gif of Issue:
IssueGif

memory_analyzer
Hello,

I have tried to reproduce this locally on Windows RTX 2060, but I’m not seeing it (see attached gif). Please let me know if I need to test differently based on the gif. Or if you could let me know the system you are testing this on (Windows vs Mac) and the video card & driver, that might be helpful in tracking down the issue.

2 Likes

I actually wasn’t able to reproduce it on that game (World//Zero) either.

I believe the reason you can’t reproduce it is because the game you tried it on uses custom characters and as such the GraphicsTextureCharacter section wouldn’t contain anything. (Notice how your Gif has it at 0.00)

Here are some games I joined on the front page that I can reproduce it on:
(You can also reproduce it within Roblox Studio on a base-plate play test.)

Grand Piece Online: Game Link

Arsenal: Game Link

Bee Swarm Sim: Game Link

Shindo: Game Link

I am not using Mac and I am on a Windows device with an Nvidia GPU with the latest drivers.

Pictures:

3 Likes

Thanks, I see it now, turns out I chose the one game where it works.

I’ll have a look when I can.

2 Likes

I can say that we are going to spend significant time and resources to improve the developer-facing performance tools including the memory analyzer next year. Thanks for the report.

4 Likes