Grass material texture

Does anyone know where to find the grass texture used for the material? (Bumpmap not necessary)

I wanna use it for this:

I wanna make one side mimic the grass texture used on blocks, but I can only find grass textures hued green. I want it in white so i can easily change grass color to match blocks

1 Like

If you found a green texture for grass, you can easily convert it into a white texture by downloading the texture and using a black and white filter in a picture editing program (you might need to increase it’s brightness and contrast after). I’m not sure where to find the exact texture shown in the picture, but the developer forum has resources for free texture sites that you can find grass textures from: Free Texture Sites

1 Like

I used to be able to find these textures in appdata but I can’t find the folder anymore

I specifically need the same texture the material uses

Can’t you put this in a texture inside a brick, and just change the colour? Using textures means the image is never streched (unless you manually change the pixel size). They are much better for floors than decals, but they dont normally look great if not designed as seamless. If you mean outside of roblox then I am unsure…

I believe this is the grass texture you are looking for?

10 Likes

I don’t wanna have to try to guess/ change the grass hues every time I wanna use a different color of grass on a new island, or go through painful modification if I wanna slightly change existing grass.

If I get the white texture, I can just use the same Color3 on the texture as I use for bricks with the grass material. No more “trying to get them both close”
And I wasn’t using decals- I’m using textures

You can find all material textures here if you use windows:
DRIVE:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Roblox\Versions\VERSION\PlatformContent\pc\textures

5 Likes