Gravitational Pull

Are there any improvements I can implement to this?

9 Likes

That looks insanely good, quick question though… Do all the parts have a script in them?

1 Like

No, its one script inside of serverscriptservice, if this is about the laggy video its probably because theres over like 300 parts with vectorforces inside of them, thank you for the feedback though!

I would say try to do all of this on the client instead so it isn’t putting too much strain on the server side but I don’t know. That’s my bit of feedback.

1 Like

True, but then again it could be because Roblox Studio is awful at running games compared to the actual roblox player, I’ll test this and i’ll tell you what happens

Ended up being a Roblox Studio problem

this looks amazing! I cant wait to see what you do with it! I can think of a few instances where this type of system would make an amazing game! keep up the great work

1 Like

Hello, Thank you for your feedback!

At the moment I am a bit stuck on how to use this for any future games. I was half expecting it to just become a derelict addition to my physics tests. But if you’re able to list me a few ideas on what to do with this script then I’d be grateful, Thanks!

1 Like

you could use it for a brickbattle arena with parts being added to a central mass over time, I think the idea of the battle ground expanding and being knocked around would be very fun but thats just me

1 Like

Ah yes I see what you mean, yeah that could be an interesting project to make. I certainly don’t have the time to create it though :joy: I’ll see if I’m able to post the main script and see if people are interested in using it.

1 Like

This looks great! Good job on it! Nice gravity! How long did it take to make, and how did you do it?

Thank you!

It only took me roughly about an hour or so go figure it out, and its done by applying a vectorforce, alignposition and bodygyro into the gravparts. Then using some maths with distance and mass, I’m able to find out where parts need to start clumping together.

The explanation may be a little trash but its the best way i can put it