Gravity Direction Changing When Not Wanted

Hey there, I have been working on a game with a pretty simple concept. Control a rolling ball that eats smaller balls and get bigger, ram into other players to make there ball smaller.
I have run into a bug that I am having trouble fixing. So basically when you ram your ball into another solid too fast, your ball’s gravity direction can be changed, causing you to slide off the map or just fly away.

I am looking for some way to force a gravity vector or direction. Thanks.

1 Like

I’m not completely understanding the question, but this is my input.

Not sure if this will work efficiently, but you could anchor the ball when it touches the other ball, then unanchor it, which depletes the energy from the contact between the balls.

1 Like

Well, you know how your character falls downwards, if the ball hits a solid to fast then it might start falling sideways or upwards. Anchoring and unanchoring would not work because the ball falls toward the bottom of your characters humanoid root part, so if you were to do that then when it unanchors, it will still be completely rotated and fall in the wrong direction. I just need to keep it up right.

1 Like

One more question, apologies. You are trying to get rid of the bounce on a falling object, correct?

Or, are you trying to get rid of the character falling over after falling?

1 Like

Well, not exactly, I am trying to change the direction a part falls.
Like the gravity direction.

1 Like

Consider this topic

If you were to use the solution to that post, just change which part of the Vector3 that the loop changes (in the solution, it changes the y) and you should be okay.

1 Like

In this video you can see ho
w if I hit the ball fast I rotate and start sliding and falling sideways. I want to force a certain DIRECTION of gravity so it can’t do that.
robloxapp-20220212-2310483.wmv (1.0 MB)