Gray background behind user's avatar on the website

Just logged onto ROBLOX and saw that the background behind a user’s avatar on the web page is darker than usual.

(google chrome)

I tested this on a different browser and the same thing appears.

(Microsoft edge)

10 Likes

Might just be there to give the character busts a good background. The grey color is entirely in the CSS of the site. The actual images being generated are still transparent in background. This should not effect any thumbnails requested via any web APIs.

7 Likes

I have the same thing.

Maybe it’s a new update

1 Like

personally i dont really like it

7 Likes

It’s a new update. They’ve removed all the drop shadows and added the grey circles. I personally don’t like it.

7 Likes

Not a big fan of this myself, but maybe this could be turned into a user set background color? If so, the colors should be somewhat subdued.

5 Likes

This was an intermediate step for big things we are doing. Bare with us.

26 Likes

I guess “good” is a matter of opinion. In my opinion, it’s hideous. The transparent backgrounds worked flawlessly in my opinion.

edit: I see, it’s part of a bigger project and not just a random design change.

3 Likes

Might just be there to give the charcters more pop in their color schemes, but it may be something else (Edit: Just found out!). I personally think they look good.

The reason has already been said in this thread.

3 Likes

Just wanted to make sure this is expected.

Group revenue’s page seems to expand the grey across the entire purchaser section, unlike the sales page (on your own profile).

3 Likes

Not intended, and not ideal. I’ll file a ticket for this.

4 Likes

Just wanna point out that this change does not appear to have transitioned to studio’s start page, as in, the game tiles still have drop shadows.

In all honesty, I actually do enjoy this even though I don’t believe it’s staying. It give’s the characters an extra little “pop” off the page.

1 Like

make that a “large pop” for people like me who use a dark theme extension lol.

(usernames hidden for privacy)

3 Likes

Dark theme for the site? :eyes:

1 Like

Same here. For phone and computer later I’ll check the Xbox.