Greetings! Would you be so kind as to give me some feedback on this little composition of mine?

I’m not gonna use it on games but im listening to it rn :smiley:

1 Like

There’s not much I could’ve done with that but here’s what I did try

I hope you like this one :grin:

2 Likes

Still really good, definitely made it better it’s the softer tones!

Thank you for your kind words and input! :smile:

1 Like

Amazing!
Its very different than the beats you see nowadays in roblox games

Thank you very much for your kind words! I’m glad you like it :grin:

2 Likes

As a classically trained musician/composer I would say it’s ok. However some things that would change the way the motif is repeated. Your arpeggiating the chord guessing G# major with a major 7, over and over again. We know what the motif is. But remember motifs are made to be repeated, argumented, transposed, and changed. So use that chord in that quater 8th pattern but change the notes around.However You musically must keep the rythmes the same as for the rules of music theory and motif development. I suggest you switch it around while maintaining the same Rythmes . On top of that you should think of doing less in the bass of the orchestra. There is too much going on. And it’s interfering with the tonic/ dominant of the main motif. On that note check the chords, some chords are clashing with the melody causing unneeded friction and conflict. But overall it’s a good piece.

3 Likes

Balance and blending is key, you might want to take a look at it. Another thing you could do is relax a bit on the accents of the song, especially the main melody (I have no clue what DAW you’re using). Overall it sounds pretty great, maybe change up the drum solo a little bit to better transition what I’m assuming to be the bass/counter melody. I like it

2 Likes

Wow I never made an Audio this is soo good

Thank you very much for your kind words, I’m glad you enjoyed it :smile:

1 Like

I love it sounds great. But only for certain uses. Overall great music!

1 Like

@samjay22 @epictitanic6g

First of all, I’d like to thank you fellas for taking the time out of your day to give me your feedback, thank you!

You guys have provided some excellent feedback for me. I’m very new to using Digital Audio Workstations and I have pretty much no prior experience using them, so I’ll take all the help I can get. This piece was created in a very short time frame with the main goal behind it being getting used to using a DAW, so it certainly was not intended to be an amazing piece.

The only instrument I really play is the piano, so figuring out all these new sounds and getting used to them, along with being able to blend them will take some time. I’ll also have to get used to working on and editing those same sounds to get the right feeling that I want from them, so that will also take some time. The possibilities that you have within a DAW is truly incredible and is a lot more complex than it seems to be on the surface level! I’m having quite an adventure just exploring these possibilities!

All that being said, hearing you guys say that the piece is relatively good and you enjoyed it is very motivating, and I’m truly thankful. I’ll take your feedback and try to apply it. I’ll keep learning more about these things!

Thank you once again, I’ll keep on composing and I’ll probably keep posting on the forum so hopefully, I’ll see you guys around!

-Sam

6 Likes