Grif_0 | scripting portfolio

Last Update: 8/27/2021

I have moved my portfolio to the Talent Hub(link). I will be updating it here more than I will be updating this portfolio.

Hello everyone! My name is grif and I have been on Roblox since late 2015, and have been developing for four years(programming for 3 ish), and I’m the owner of FrostFreeze studios, a soon-to-be group I hope, and a long term goal of mine. I have done some building and UI stuff, but I specialize in programming. Only know Lua/Luau. I found an interest in programming pretty much by accident, I just randomly opened studio a long time ago and got hooked and I just like making things. It would be cool if I could possibly turn this into even a part-time or less than part-time, but ill still do it cause it’s fun.

I don’t have many published games at the moment, but that doesn’t mean I’m not busy! I’ve got numerous different showcases below showing off what I’ve made, and I’m constantly working on new things.

I’ll be updating this regularly with stuff I’m working on so if you return later, you will see different + updated things!

Games

These are other places I’ve made. Cubic Mayhem is a published game, with the rest just test places or quick builds.

Cubic Mayhem!

This was an obby game I made. Random map generation + random events.

Cubic Mayhem!:
Game Link
Cubic Mayhem! Changelog

Cubic ruins: A buff to cubic mayhem

Cubic ruins is a buffed version of cubic mayhem, running through the ruins of cubic mayhem in a difficult, fast paced, 3.5 min long course, running in, up, out and in the ruins.

Voided Logic Hall

Wanted to make a puzzle game jam like game but minus a game jam to enter. Made this in two days. Created the initial logic system in a day, and the next day was spent making levels. Level design is questionable towards the end, but still poses a challenge I hope.

Voided Logic Hall:
Voided Logic Hall - Roblox

Test games

This is a place where I’m experimenting with some mechanics like wall-jumping, wall-running, custom swimming, etc.

Parkour Test - Roblox

This is a place where I test the custom vehicle chassis I made.
Vehicle Test - Roblox

This is the group where I will publish a lot of my newer games. Nothing yet, but soon to come.

Here are some pictures of my work:

Although this isn’t a building portfolio, I don’t want to delete my old building portfolio as I’m still happy and proud of some of the builds in here. I may update it also.

Building Portfolio
placeholder

This first map is from my game ‘placeholder’, which Is an experimental game. This is probably the map I’m most proud of. The terrain could be smoother, but overall I’m happy with the style and still think it turned out well.

Spawn

Players spawn on this island and are given a tutorial to understand all of the mechanics.

Dungeons

Trials are hidden throughout the world. This is the first and easiest one.

The second one is going to be one of the most difficult in the game, inside the Volcanic Depths.
VolcanicDepths1
VolcanicDepths2

Islands

There are two main map areas made. The first one is called “Visarra Island” which has a small town, meadow, volcano, and cave region.

The second island is much bigger. “Creekside Island” contains a medium-sized town, two underground cave systems including a mine(WIP), and a cliffside overview of the world, and a small park at the top.

Other Maps

Heres a bunch of other things I’ve created that arent published games.

Overture

This is the map of my first game ‘Overture’ I made a few years back. It was the first map I’ve made.

Scavenge Map

This was another project I never finished. This is quite a big chunk of the map made for it. This was heavily inspired by LT2 if not already obvious

Experimental City

This is another project I worked on for a short time. There isn’t much to show here. I was experimenting with Textures which didn’t really seem to work well but it was interesting while it lasted.

Islands

I decided to make some islands and fully embrace the blocky style. I think they turned out quite well.

Here’s another one I’ve made, which is more flat.

This third one is much smaller and has an arc rock structure. One of the favorites I’ve made.

This next one contains a small mountain range with a waterfall.

Islands Map

This was a bigger map for a project that was discontinued.

Buildings

I decided to make a few houses because I was bored. Here’s a show of some of them.

Onto the main course. I would of done a voice over for them, but I just didn’t feel like doing one for all of them. You can still understand whats going on though. Most videos have explanations in the description, along with chapters to help you view different features.

Current project

Sandbox building tools

These building tools support dynamic placement, dynamic sizing, and are super customizable. Its easy to add new blueprints and new placement step types, because its fully OOP. I was inspired to make these tools after really enjoying how Defaultio made his in his alpha game test2. I’ve left a more in-depth writeup about them in the videos description. These took about 3 weeks to complete and is easily my most complex project to date.

Skinned Ocean + Custom Swimming

I wanted to recreate my own part water. I have done so before, but it wasn’t so good. I have completely recreated my part swimming system in Object Oriented Programming, and supports a vast amount of features like: Better mechanics, Drowining, Lots of screen effects, lots of sound design, etc. Oceans can also be customized by its Direction, speed, height, detail, etc.

Shop + Reigoning system

Instead of making a UI shop that wouldn’t really fit my project, I created a full physical shop system. This uses other systems I’ve made such as my dialog, collision, and item system. Shops have anti-theft, auto restocking, custom hours, and more.

Ore mining system/Item dragging system

This is an ore mining system that includes dragging, carrying larger objects, mining w/ tinkers construct inspired pickaxe system, ore ownership, combining/uncombining, and an ore anchor system to help with performance.

NPC dialog system

This is an NPC dialog system that is easy to customize and assign text and dialog to NPCs. It’s able to return triggers for events or other data.

Other projects

G-essentials V1.0 + V2.0

This is a moderation frame with all of the essentials. Character tools, server tools, moderation tools, Interactive player map, and customizable per-game tools frame.

V2 is a complete rewrite from the ground up of V1. Much better organization and new functionality. More information in the Showcase videos description

Full showcase:
G-essentials V2.0 - Admin Showcase - YouTube

V1 Showcase:
admin map test/showcase - YouTube

Perlin noise map generation 2D + 3D

I’ve also experimented with Perlin noise and terrain generation. It ain’t much, but it’s pretty cool still. It includes octaves and falloff maps. I plan on bringing it to 3d and adding a biome system but one step at a time.

V2 includes Biome maps and is now 3D. Biomes are created through temperature and moisture maps.
K4p82Qq5WC t1s6ZydPy6

V1 2D terrain generator
random map generation showcase - YouTube

V2 3D terrain generator
studio: V2 Procedural Terrain Generator showcase - YouTube

Custom car chassy

This is my own vehicle chassis (the ghassis) Which includes customizable states for practically all typical car things like acceleration, turning speed, brake power, suspension stiff/height, max speed, etc. Includes visuals like a bunch of lights, engine sounds, dust particles over certain terrain types, and exhaust. Supports keyboard and controller.

Custom ProximityPrompt

You can also see the interactionservice prompt I made in here. It is basically proximityprompt but I made it. I plan on revamping it to support multiple events for the same item and include time checks. This was finished literally hours before the ProximityPrompt beta was announced. I was not in the best mood.

vehicle test (ghassis) showcase - YouTube

Parkour elements/wall jumping

I’ve also been working on some parkour/movement things like wall-running, wall-jumping, wall sliding, custom swimming, rappel, etc. Wall jumping needs some work but mostly everything else is pretty good. ignore the animations please thanks. There’s also a hud display in the bottom I made one day when I was bored.
parkour wallrunning test/showcase - YouTube

Tree generator

Created a tree generator that can create a random tree with a given configuration. I originally hoped to use Perlin noise to have the ability to seed trees, but I haven’t gotten there yet. I plan on expanding the functionality to improve the looks of its generated trees and provide more options.

tree generator showcase - YouTube

StiGfMcSYv
JpD6mXl1ho

Maze generator

Made a maze generator which uses a depth first search and recursive backtracking methods.
WpTwxWoMnL

Mazes can gnerate with rooms inside, with customization of amount, size, spacing, and doors.
nqkqexD122
100 x 100

1000 x 1000 (lol)

My Plugins

Ive created a total of 2 plugins. The first one (GuiElements) well, served its basic purpose. It was a terrible mess and you can go read the source if you want. I did learn a lot about plugin development from that plugin however.

Although my first plugin was a fail and a huge mess, I took what I learned from my first plugin to create my next plugin specifically to aid with improving the workflow of TRIA.os map development. This plugin essentially acts as a tag editor for a tag editor. You can assign parts different functions and object types, and also easily change map settings.

TRIA.os Map Making Companion - Roblox

Currently, I’m not looking for any commission work or looking to join any studios. One day, but not right now. Im usually on every day in case you need anything for any reason though.

I don’t do commissions, so please don’t come asking me or I’ll very awkwardly decline you. I’ve tried doing them in the past but they just aren’t for me.

You can contact me at my Twitter @grif_0, or here on the dev forum. I check both regularly.

Thanks for reading!

13 Likes

Hey i tryed to contact u but it doesnt work my username on discord is: Gamer317#8599

nvm i sended u
request

30charrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssss

can you accept it i sended you a request on discord my username is : Gamer317#8599

Oh whoops, forgot i had my dms closed. Sure thing

Are you doing project collaboration. And do you like doing parkour?

Amazing work, I think all these projects look really good. I hope your game with mining turns out really good!

Best of luck, Asta

Can I have that admin system? If no that’s fine

And chassis’sm I need them both badly!

Hello, sir. Do you happen to have discord?

Hey, i do have a discord. Its not grif#0001.

my discord is:
coolguyweir#9679

Hi grif,
I might have a plugin related paid commission for you if you happen to be interested.
Please add me on Discord AgentVanBur#1251
Hoping to hear from you

Hey. Unfortunately im very busy right now and for the forseeable future, so im not able to do any other work. Whethers its between irl or other projects. Sorry.