Group ability to not allow group wall posts with links

As a Roblox developer, it is currently annoying to manually remove bot-spammed/player-spammed links from the group wall, especially if they are all from different accounts nullifying the efficiency of the “exile and delete posts from user” function

If Roblox can add a setting to groups that adds the ability to enable or disable the posting of links to group wall posts that would greatly resolve an annoying issue that my group and many others face.

92 Likes

I agree. Adding on to this, we need better moderation tools for groups as a whole such as the ability to ban group members.

10 Likes

I delete advertising from my groups daily, this would save me and my staff so much time!

3 Likes

Even better, make it a group rank setting so that only people of a certain rank can post links

7 Likes

Something like Discord AutoMod would be very helpful for moderating group walls and posts.

7 Likes

100% Agree We absolutly need it

2 Likes

This has been a problem for my group ever since I started gaining members. I think it would also be beneficial to add in a permanent ban feature, I’ve had multiple users join and harass other users after I’ve exiled them multiple times. In general we need more control over users in the group to help manage content on the group wall instead of having multiple moderators deleting posts all day.

6 Likes

Bump!! Group moderation tools are severely outdated. Group walls are an incredible source of feedback, comments, and suggestions. Many young players actively use the group wall, however, it is becoming unsafe with malicious links and advertisements… It is incredibly inconvenient to disable the group wall and have users go to a discord server. This is especially the case as a large portion of ROBLOX users are unable to access this service due to age restrictions. I personally enjoy the community discussion on my group and it comes at a cost that I have to check it 24/7 and delete spam & dangerous links. Thanks!! :smile:

5 Likes

Its almost impossible to moderate a large group, Something like this NEEDS to happen.

5 Likes

Bump! We Need that as soon as possible. I’m banning around 5-10 people from my group every day… Just having the ability to prevent user to enter link would already filter a lot of cases

4 Likes

Becoming more and more relevant over time, this feature is more and more needed. What’s the holdup?

It would also be nice if we could remove all non-ASCII characters and emojis.

2 Likes

It is something that I would like to see too. Links can be annoying, especially when you see them in group posts. An option to disable links in group (aside from certain permissions/owner) could help out a lot of people!

3 Likes

Bumping! This would help out a LOT with keeping group walls clean!

2 Likes

Definitely something that is needed for larger communities. Us developers like to actually see feedback on our group walls and not bots spamming links to join their groups or games…

3 Likes

Yes this would be good, I have no use for links on my wall.

3 Likes