Group advertisements should not be served to users already in the group

Currently as a Roblox developer, it is hard to want to run advertisements without feeling a little upset. The way advertisements work is a developer/group owner/etc places a bid on an advertisement and the more that is placed on that ad the more it shows up. Something I have noticed is it seems the group owner and current members of a group seem to see ads for a group quite often.

This almost feels like a scam, as people already in the group and the person running the ads aren’t the ones being targeted with the advertisement. The developers/group owners/etc pay for these ads to reach people, and them being displayed to people who are already in these groups is a waste of their money and views.

My request: there should be some form of system in place to block group advertisements from showing to people who are already in the group.

If this issue were to be addressed, I believe I can speak for many when I say I would feel like my money spent on advertisements wasn’t wasted when it is being shown to members of a group being advertised.

23 Likes