Group Audio Search Bar

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to find a specific Group Audio inside Roblox Studios Creation Tab.

Since the SFX change to ROBLOX, my Team uploaded hundreds of sound effects which made finding audio in the Group Audio Tab bothersome. It has been very difficult having to work scrolling for long periods of time trying to accomplish a task. A simple fix for this issue will be adding a search bar in the Group Audio Creation Tab.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I won’t be sacrificing too much time to find the desired sound effect needed for my work. How the Group Audio is currently set up is just a inconvience for developers.

100 Likes

This is an essential feature missing for other group assets as well. I’ve been forced to scroll down for pages on pages to try and find what I’m looking for, when I knew the name of it. This becomes more tedious with loads more assets, and the only reason it has barely affected me most of the time is because I usually upload my assets to my account, even for group games.

As a developer, this would greatly increase my productivity since search & advanced filters are a must-have for any assets.

12 Likes

Thanks for sharing your pain points here. Asset search is being looked into by the Studio team and we’ll make sure to incorporate this feedback into our approach.

17 Likes

I really hope to see it soon, as I suggested the same thing in 2019 and got a respond from someone on the staff team saying it’s been added to the quality of life bucket and that was in 2020. It really slows down development of group games.