Group icon keeps turning out blurry when I upload it to Roblox?

I’m trying to upload my group icon but every time I do it comes out blurry?
The Pixel Size is 626 x 626
I tried several times with no luck.

Group icon:

1 Like

The group icon size on the website’s 150px x 150px so the resize and compression the website does is making the icon lose in quality

So is the issue that my image is too large?

1 Like

Not that the image is too big but there might be smaller details that the compression algorithm’s still trying to save.

I took it upon me to do a small compression of the image to see what’s wrong and I circled the parts where the detail’s trying to be saved and is possibly making the image blur.

1 Like

Do you know how I could solve this issue?

Either reduce the detail or try compressing it all on your own. Don’t guarantee that either will completely solve the problem but it’s always a good thing to try.

1 Like

You seem to be doing it right maybe the problem is something else maybe the layers on this are out of balance or roblox has to compress the photo making some of the problem areas visable so yeah reducing size might work.

1 Like

I’ve tried reducing the size, compressing it and a ton of other things and it still comes out blurry. This is extremely frustrating, in my photo editor the image looks high quality but as soon as I upload it to roblox it comes out blurry. I don’t understand :confused:

Try reconstructing your art completely at 150x150 pixels rather than downsizing everything from its original size. Are you using Photoshop?

3 Likes

Export it as 300 dpi, that should allow it have a clearer result.

2 Likes