Group Icons blurs when loading on 'My Groups' page

When entering the Groups page of all the groups you own and are a member of, icons of these groups will turn blurry which isn’t a big problem, but as a user and developer, I want to see these icons based on seasonal events and reading/understanding the icon.

I’ve changed the size and resolution of my browser and it doesn’t solve the solution, nor does reinstall and refreshing do the “perfect” solution for icons to not blur.

Possibly not seeable, but the group icons when clicking on them will somewhat disort and blur a bit on the surfaces.

How to reproduce:

• First: Open up the Roblox website.
  • Second: Navigate and enter the Groups page.
  • Third: Create, join, or view an existing group.
  • Fourth: Let the page load and look at the left sidebar of all groups you’re currently in and own.

I’m using Chrome 86 on Windows 10: Chrome 86.0.4240.193 (Official Build) (64-bit).

2 Likes

o.O This is a new one. I can’t repro - do you happen to have any extensions installed? And do you only see it on these group icons? (or is this visible on small avatar headshots, for example)

4 Likes

I’ve disabled and enabled extensions that are part of the Roblox website, and the problem still insisted when doing so, strange that you can’t repro this. :thinking:

Did join some new groups to see if it was the ones I was a member of, seems like the new groups that I join also have blurry icons when I repro:

2 Likes

Seems fine to me using opera gx

1 Like

Seems to be a chromium thing. I’m able to reproduce this on chrome and edge, unable to reproduce on firefox.
I tinkered with devtools a bit and neither the icons resolution nor the element attributes change when the icon resolution does, so my guess is that it’s some correction/compression applied after chromium finishes loading css data.

This also seems to worsen in chrome when you fully cover the chrome window with another window and then return to it:

(pay attention to the frog’s mouth)

4 Likes

Can reproduce on Chrome on a Dell Windows 10.

1 Like

I’m able to repro on Chrome as well. It’s fine on Firefox.

2 Likes