Group Linked Sources 'do not exist'?

Yup, exactly the same for me and many other users I’ve talked to.

This needs to be fixed urgently

2 Likes

Has LinkedSource ever worked for groups?
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/linkedsource-changes-on-gt2/15579/

IIRC that issue was in the web backend. Unfortunately because of the studio bug where we are not correctly creating some assets as group assets it is hard to verify the status of the web backend empirically.

So is there a possible fix that can come sometime? Because this actually DID work for at least a certain amount of time, because I have multiple LinkedSources that are being used in a Group Game right now that function. I just cannot create new ones.

1 Like

The studio team is investigating the regression, and hopefully will have a fix soon.

7 Likes

Still having this issue, and it’s effecting me dramatically. Any indication on when this bug may be fixed?

6 Likes

I just ran into this bug, after an infuriating couple hours I find that this (even more infuriatingly) is a bug that’s been around for months

awesome

4 Likes

During the second half of December we have a very limited release schedule in order to maximize the stability of the platform. My understanding is that work for this fix is mostly done, but we will not be able to enable it safely for everyone until early in the new year.

2 Likes

I believe this has been fixed as of 1/4. Can anyone confirm?

Very sorry for the delay. I blame… hm… Chris. Yes, I blame Chris.

3 Likes

JK CHRIS!! You the best!

1 Like

I’ll check it out in a moment :slight_smile:

is it fixed? I can’t check.

Tried to create a LinkedSource and studio crashed after a long wait…

@CycloneUprising

Didn’t crash on second try, got this:

Aand on third try it worked.

Might just be me.

However, trying to open it is a different story:

Screenshot_728

And I got the error in-game again:

Yup exact same thing is happening to me

Is this just happening for Group Games? Do LinkedScripts in normal places work?

Does this happen for you in an empty baseplate place with a LinkedScript that just consists of “print(‘Hello world’)”?

What OS are you on? Can you verify your internet connection stability?

Moved this to Studio Bugs as well.

It works in an empty group place, however the place I first tested in was a group team create that’s been edited. Empty team create does work, so it must be the place being from an older studio version or being edited or something?

Worked in an empty personal place. What date was this update released? Might only work because this personal place was made a couple of days, possibly after the update.

I’m on Windows 7, and my connection is stable (I’m streaming Overwatch League lol).

This glitch has been fixed for me, I was having a game that basically revolved around using linked-sources, and in a recent Roblox update (around a month ago) I saw something about it being fixed, I had to re-create all my linkedsources but in the end the new linkedsources worked properly. (sorry if i’m bumping a old thread, but it appears there was no definite answer, so i’m just clarifying that it’s definitely fixed)

2 Likes

This bug has been patched. Thank you guys so much.

1 Like

Hi @LordRugdumph, Recently my studio also happen to have this bug… Is there a way to fix this?