Group members disappearing no apparent reasons

Pastriez is losing genuine members.

I sat and watched our member count last night and we lost around 400 members in 30 minutes. This is an outlier if you look at our previous records.

2 Likes

The total members displayed is an accurate representation of the number of players in the list. I checked through Pastriez members and their member count exactly matched the amount of players returned by the API in the players list.

3 Likes

For those encountering this issue with larger groups, do you have any automated bots or tools hooked up to your group that have permissions to change user’s ranks within the group?

7 Likes

Yes, I know for a fact that Pastriez has that feature. I believe I saw this happening on a smaller scale to Bakiez and SizzleBurger when I was checking, and we too have an automated ranking bot.

4 Likes

Did something potentially get fixed? We just gained 6 members in 30 minutes. This isn’t the 25 that are M.I.A. but it’s something. We average a gain of 1 in 3/4 days so this seems unusual.

2 Likes

Pastriez does have an automated ranking bot.

2 Likes

My group doesn’t have an automated ranking system.

1 Like

My group doesn’t have an automated ranking system as well.

1 Like

WOAH- I have the same problem but not in a group, I join a group and after like 5 minutes I see that I’m not in the group.

3 Likes

There’s a chance someone tried to bot the group with scam bot, if someone pays for the service then there’s a chance the bots might leave to join another group.

I can assure you, this is not the case.

1 Like

My group does have an automated bot to rank people up, however, the bot does not have permission to exile members from the group. This issue does not seem to be happening anymore but the reason behind losing members remains unclear.

This issue had stopped shortly after this post but it seems to now be occurring again for us.

I have lost members once again, the same bug/issue is happening! (I have lost around 100 members in a short period of time and I own the group, Coast Grill)

1 Like

Can confirm, went from gaining members each day to losing 18 in 2 hours.

1 Like

If I am correct banning accounts or even terminating them does not remove them from groups. My group has several terminated and banned accounts. Even hacked accounts which were used by a botting program.
However I have observed that if an account is created by a bot program (it is only a bot account) then it may be removed from groups.

1 Like

Can confirm this isn’t happening to all groups. I’m the owner of Fizze (133K+ members) and I’ve seen a consistent growth in members. Might not be affecting all users.

Pastriez hasn’t lost members from this issue since 16 days ago. If you’re looking at your recent member growth you probably won’t notice a loss in members because this issue was half a month ago.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

Please note that filling a bug report does not guarantee that it will be fixed once triaged.

4 Likes

The engineers are looking into this issue but unfortunately there is no timeline for this. When i get more info i will pass it on.

3 Likes