Group members disappearing no apparent reasons

I think there is a major bug going on with Roblox at the moment. My brother and I both own large groups with 70k+ members, and just about 12 hours ago we’ve been experiencing large amounts of group members being removed for no apparent reasons. They haven’t been kicked and there has been no drama or anything that would cause this many people to leave our groups. My brother has lost over 200 members in the past 12 hours (Coastᅠ - Roblox) and I am losing well over 5 every 5 to 10 minutes and lost around 300 so far (Sarcastic Studios - Roblox).

Any kind of explanation would be amazing. Thanks!

17 Likes

Looking at your Coast Grill group, the most recent and second recent group wall posts are three days apart. This is a lot of inactivity for a group of such mass, likely meaning that your group is filled with many bots.

I’m not jumping to any conclusions, but my guess is that there is a ban wave of bots happening and your group is being affected by it due to numerous amounts of your members being bots.

Edit: I apologize for my lack of research before making the post. I did not realize that group wall posts on that group were limited to staff members.

5 Likes

My brother and I have checked a ton of big groups and they are all losing large amounts of members, our groups are both very active I think this is a Roblox issue and I doubt its a ban wave as we’ve both and many other large groups are losing hundreds of members.

1 Like

A ban wave explains all the member losses as these bots were probably in all these groups.

5 Likes

I’m still skeptical of this as I feel like I have 100 bots in my group at tops I can’t imagine I’d have any more then that, and I’ve lost 300 so far. I think this might be some sort of website visual bug.

1 Like

Idk for sure, but big cafe/hotel/etc groups tend to have mass amounts of bots.

3 Likes

It isn’t just cafes/hotels I’m 99% sure it’s every group on Roblox!!

1 Like

We make group wall posts only available for the highest LR and above, so it’s not common to have people flood posting in our group wall.

1 Like

I own Pastriez, a pretty large group on the platform.

I’ve monitored our member count before and we only lose a couple and then gain a lot. I just noticed that we lost 50 in the span of a couple of minutes (that is counting our gain so that means we lost more than 50)

This is a glitch and is not a normal occurance.

9 Likes

This is probably because Roblox is doing a ban wave. A lot of people have reported bots spamming in games and groups recently. The more the number of bots, the greater will be the impact of it.

3 Likes

I’ve been through ban waves before and have only lost around 100 members or 200 tops but I’m seeing a consistent amount of players getting removed from groups within the past few hours, a lot of big group members are noting this and all agree this is not a normal occurrence.

I own Bambou, a group with 85K+ members. I noticed this happening to my group as well.

Member growth has not been consistent with any other day in the past two months, and seeing that other groups are facing this problem as well, it leads me to believe that it may not be something on my end.

I’m not sure why this would happen, however it is very strange and should be looked into it confirm whether or not it the loss in member count is legitimate.

It is also important to note that account terminations typically have not resulted in the account leaving the group.

8 Likes

I own Angelworks and I was at around 186K members, I come back to the group and I’m at 185K now…

At first I was skeptical about bots but I’m just a bit worried about my member count dropping so suddenly, since I’ve always been gaining members instead of losing them.

1 Like

It seems like this is an issue with a lot of large roblox groups, our group USCBP has lost around 150 members in the past few hours, and Zooblox has lost a significant amount as well (I’m unsure about the amount Zooblox has lost).

I’m sure ROBLOX will see all this soon and fix it

2 Likes

I own LUSHIVE, an up & coming clothing and gameshow group. I looked at our group member count webhook api in our discord and thought we started gaining a lot of members.

I then noticed the member count was going down, and not up. I’m guessing it’s some sort of glitch or a ban wave.

2 Likes

I own Vinns Hotels and Resorts. I’ve noticed that we have lost over 2100 members since around 11 PM EST.

2 Likes

I own C h a i n $, we lost 25 members in 1 day. This was odd, as we went from gaining/losing 1 or 2 per week to losing 25. We are fairly small, so this may not seem like a lot, but when you scale it, it certainly is.

1 Like

Yeah I have seen this happen in the my group we have lost around 100 in a space of 2 hours.

1 Like

Are you noticing that members are actually disappearing from the members list, or is the total number of members inaccurate?

6 Likes

I’ve personally only been seeing it via total member count but my brother has noticed that he is actually losing members out of the list.

1 Like