Group Owned Game Freezes In Loading Screen

I cannot post in Bug Reports so I think this is the next best category.

Last night my friend and I finished updating our game and we were gonna play with a few friends.
We joined the game and during loading, it froze for everyone attempting to join. We thought it was just ROBLOX servers being overwhelmed with players in other games so some games had issues with players attempting to join. I checked downdetector and there were a lot of reports of server connection issues. But I joined another game with no players in it and I connected just fine and it seems it was only our game that wasn’t working correctly.

We decided to wait till this morning to see if it would work again, and it still isn’t working. We cannot figure out what the issue would be. We tried taking out our new update, reverting the game, and even trying to upload it to a different game but that did not help fix it.

Note: Just found out this is also happening to another of our games that is also owned by a group.

Note: The error message at the beginning was because I was trying to join a little bit before the video, and for some reason, it still thought I was in the game so it gave me the “Your account was launched from another device” kind of message.

Here’s a video showing what happens to anyone who attempts to join.

1 Like

Did you manage to insert any sort of recent script that checks for a Player every time they join the game?

The same thing is also happening to me. My game was working yesterday and now it isn’t working anymore.

Did you get a “An unexpected error occured and Roblox needs to quit. We’re sorry!” error at all?

No, It just loads forever. I will try to see if it is my plugins that are causing the problem.

You mentioned this was happening in some of your other games, it could be helpful to make a baseplate place and see if you have the same issue just so you are confident there is not a shared model/virus in the games that is causing this. A sneaky way viruses sometimes hide is on the side of your scripts. Example:

local var = "This is a variable."                                                                                                                                                              var = "VIRUS!"

If you printed the value of var you would actually get “VIRUS!” as it is set later in the script. My point is to always scroll all the way to the end of any free model scripts or scripts created by other people.

Nevermind, I did get the error. It wasn’t any of my plugins and I did not use any free models.

I don’t think this is a problem with your game, but it’s on ROBLOX’s side. (I may be wrong though) I’ve been experiencing the same problem for weeks now.

Might wanna look at this then if you keep getting the error:

Could be a while true do script causing an exhaust so it wont run?

Alright, thanks for the ideas, I’ll look into them later and let you know.

It’s strange because the game shown in the video was working about 2 days ago, last night and today it has the current issue I’m trying to figure out. But it’s also happening to another one of our games that we haven’t touched in months (besides to get a few models and edit them) but was working last time we checked. So I’m guessing it’s ROBLOX, but I’ll look into some of your guys ideas to see if anything helps.

I found the problem in my game I created a mag drop script and it had a while true do script and was causing an exhaust like @InPhulze said.

Nice! Glad I could help. hope the game goes well

Alright, I’ll see if that’s the same for me.

It seems we got the game working again but we are unsure if it will break again. After deleting some random scripts we didn’t know of, virus scanning, and deleting extra scripts that weren’t needed it fixed itself. Gonna hope it stays fixed though, thanks to everyone in this thread who helped, seems like the “while true do” scripts could’ve been part of it.