Roblox Freezing screen Randomly

I don’t have antivirus I’ve uninstalled them long time ago maybe the firewall? but that would warned me to give access

1 Like

Possibly, but firewalls block anything suspicious and sometimes won’t tell you, I would Just check to see.

But this don’t happen on joining the game this happens while playing the game so I don’t believe that that’s the case

Ok… does your computer lag alot when playing roblox?

Not at all while playing any front page games

There are games that lag because of a lot of parts (showcases) but as already said in the post I’ve played this games before and this never happened before…)

Check C:\Users\usernamehere\AppData\Local\Roblox\logs the next time Roblox crashes. There should be a .dmp file in there that you can post that will help staff identify the issue (If my memory is correct). Also look for ways you can reliably reproduce the bug. This well help everyone out in the long run. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I also have had this problem on a few games. (Today it happened on Lumber Tycoon 2 and Arsenal.) When it happens, the screen at first becomes a frozen, still image, then if I minimize and maximize roblox, (I’m in windowed mode btw) I just see a white, blank screen like OP has shown above. However, the game does not crash for me when this happens. I am also still in the game and can hear the sounds from the game.

I have had this problem ever since I have switched to my new computer (I switched sometime in late august this year.) and I never had this problem on my old computer, which is a little odd. My thought on why this could be happening is because my new computer uses a Nividia graphics card like the author of this post does. My only support for this thought is because my old computer used an AMD graphics card, while my new computer uses a Nividia branded one and maybe it could be something to do with the Nividia cards?

Specs:

Old computer:
I forgot most of the specs on this, but i know it has 9 GB of ram and an AMD graphics card. Tomorrow I can go check the exact specs if anyone would like.
This also is running windows 10.

New computer:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 2700X
Memory: 32.0GB DDR4
Graphics Card: NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

Sorry for reviving this dead post, but hopefully posting this will lead to a fix as it is a bit annoying to constantly rejoin the game to fix it. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Just now, it happened with studio… Everything works, except I cannot see what i’m doing in the main viewport window because it turned into a frozen, still image.

4 Likes

I’ve been having this problem since a few weeks, except in my case it somehow keeps happening right when I join a game (shortly after the loading screen goes away).

Specs of my affected system:
2x Xeon X5690 (tried without the 2nd one, same deal)
GPU: RTX 2060 (tried also with my 980Ti, same issue, even tried with a Radeon VII… No such luck)
128GB of RAM (with second CPU riser) / 64GB (when I removed the 2nd CPU and its riser)

Unfortunately after changing systems (the one I mentioned) the issue also happened on the new one (don’t have the specs right now).

I can’t exactly pinpoint when this started but I know it started happening at first rarely, then it gradually became more frequent.

4 Likes

I have had this bug on just a few games, and this doesn’t happen in studio somehow. These games are:

• GFT Private Testing - a testing game
  • GFT Beta Testers - another testing game
  • Gft testing - ANOTHER testing game

This is very annoying but I quit the game after 1 min.

Computer facts:

• Apple computer

More information: the screen freezes when I am loading in. It is loading, then the screen freezes, but the game is running.

I hate this feature, PLEASE fix this!

1 Like

Indeed, Roblox has been buggy lately.

Another one of those Affected Games are, Strucid.

Yesterday it happened to me on Apocalypse rising 2 and today on break in.

deleted editdeleted editdeleted editdeleted editdeleted editdeleted editdeleted editdeleted editdeleted edit

3 Likes

I would like to follow up on this post by saying the freezing problems have since disappeared for me. I now know the freezing problems, for me at least, was because of my computer’s faulty ram. (faulty might be the wrong word here because the product description of my initial set of ram that I purchased said it was designed for specific intel systems, but I glossed over that when I was building my computer. :P)
I know the problem was the ram, because when the freezing problem happened on studio, I saved a few of studio’s crash logs and the crash logs that I have both have a similar line of:

1585600879.76465,3b84,6 D3D11 FATAL ERROR: Device removed with reason 887a0006 (log #1) 1586107114.74966,1a40,6 D3D11 FATAL ERROR: Device removed with reason 887a0005 (log #2)

I did some research on these error codes and at first thought it was something to do with the graphics card, BUT the final nail in the coffin that convinced me that it was a ram problem was when I crashed in a Unity made game and the crash log for it was filled with similar errors including another error suggesting that Direct3D somehow ran out of memory.

Anyways, it has been about 3 weeks since I have swapped out my old, problematic ram for a new set and I have not since experienced any freezing problems. I wanted to follow this post up so hopefully it could, perhaps, help push a person in the right direction if they’re having problems. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Included how I learned my freezing problem was because of faulty ram.

This still happens to me to this day and its annoying, ive downloaded anti-viruses (or whatever their called) i researched for a couple hours, downloaded Avast (it clears files u dont need), cleared my storage, refreshed google, restarted my pc yet it still doesnt work. My pc is also perfectly fine which baffles me. Im not sure whats going on tbh. This only started 2 - 3 days ago and its gotten worse to the point I cant even develop properly.

2 Likes

It’s been more than a year, and Roblox still hasn’t fixed it. New game that’s being affected which I play a lot is Parkour. It’s like you’re still in the game, but you can’t see what you’re doing, since you can still input keybinds and mouse movements, and everyone else can see it.

Roblox, please.

To the people still experiencing this problem, though: I found a solution that works most of the time. It’s not perfect, but it still does work. For those on an Apple computer, you can fullscreen it by pressing the green button in the top left, rather than using the fullscreen in settings. Hope this helps for some people.

For me it’s gotten to the point where I literally can’t play my favorite game anymore. It’s just so annoying. Roblox NEEDS to fix this.

9 Likes

It still happens to me, and I don’t think it has to do with my laptop since it only happens to a few games. Also, my laptop isn’t even that old I got it like 2 months ago so I don’t know what the problem is.

2 Likes

it’s happening to me too, but mobile, and rarely, especially in LARGE maps

When this happens to you, do you guys ever see the screen freeze (but game and sounds continue) and then start to flicker between two different frames?

This happens in my game Find the Cats on an iPad air 64GB (2013). After witnessing it happen dozens of times, I’ve noticed that just when it happens, the engine seems to be trying to simplify terrain textures. In the two frames it flickers between, the first has full-res terrain and the second frame has a downsampled terrain texture.

3 Likes

Hey,

Your report is pretty much the same as what has happened to me since March 24, 2021 (roughly, almost 3 weeks). Since then, I can’t play a single game on my PC. The only thing I can do is go to the studio and develop. As you can see below, when I try to launch a game nothing happens and then it says “An unexpected error occured and Roblox needs to quit. We’re sorry!” I’m genuinely confused on why this keeps happening. My IGPU is on the latest and it keeps giving me the same error. Does anyone knows how to fix it?

unknown

1 Like