Group Rank Bot In-Roblox-Game

Is It possible with ROBLOX API, to promote users in-game to a different rank? If so, how? This can be useful to many people to learn how, instead of paying @Sallomy for one that does it.

10 Likes

There are some, I list them below. They are very insecure and can get easy hacked/exploited I honestly won’t trust me, even though it sounds cool. It’s hard to understand but I do not all about this topic, so try to join the unofficial ROBLOX API communication. I am not allowed to share that link here. So feel free to contact the owners of the Github pages. They are very active and open to questions.

Look at examples on noblox, I honestly think they will help the most.

roblox.js - GitHub - sentanos/roblox-js: !!!THIS PROJECT IS NO LONGER MAINTAINED!!! Execute ROBLOX website actions in node.js
noblox.js - GitHub - noblox/noblox.js: A Node.js API wrapper for Roblox.
bloxy - GitHub - affenity/bloxy: Interact with the Roblox website and API

2 Likes

I looked at it. Im having a hard time understanding it for in-game.

1 Like

That is all JS. How can I use JS in a roblox game?

1 Like

It is not possible to promote players in-game using solely the roblox API. You will need to have a third party hosted, whether it’s paid for or free like heroku or glitch.

1 Like

Does anybody know how to do this?

Heroku doesn’t store data anymore, you have use glitch now.

2 Likes

What do you mean by this? I am using Heroku for a Node.js webserver for a school project and it seems to be working fine.

1 Like

interesting so they allow storing data now? Because they say they don’t do that, they will host website but not store data.

1 Like

It’s been used for all the backend stuff I needed, so unless you’re talking about a database which wouldn’t be needed for a rank bot, then yes it should be fine.

1 Like

True, with that @vNotSiren. Thank you for correcting me!

1 Like

No problem, Node.js applications are fun to make in all honesty. Using express.js to make a web server has made my hatred for using php higher.

1 Like

I only been scripting outside of ROBLOX for not that long like 2 months, I find it insterest. So, I will explore more into those, and see if I agree!

2 Likes

You have to use a website that does it for you. Probably not a great idea unless you really know what you’re doing.

However, I do remember roblox mentioning something about suggesting the idea of using oauth for groups so you could finish a group training obby, and be automatically ranked up. But I don’t remember where I heard / saw that.

1 Like

Probably the easiest way to do this is by going to glitch.me, selecting new project, and cloning the git repository here. You’ll need to provide a valid cookie. Easiest way to get that is probably going on a bot account, going into chrome dev tools, going to network, and then reloading the page. In request headers just copy what comes up under Cookie. Take that and put it in settings.json. In the github page there is a lua tutorial and module you can use. You just have to put in the security key you choose and the web link. You can get that from glitch by clicking “Share” on the project page then live app and copying the first link.

Once you’ve setup the web server and put the module in you find an example on the github page readme.

EDIT: Make sure your glitch.me project is private if you decide to go that way.

8 Likes

There are modules that you can use, most of the time you will have to use an outside source and log it in to a Roblox account with access in the group.

There’s a good Discord group that has info on most is not all of the different API and languages you can use: Roblox API

3 Likes

roblox.js is totally abandoned. and also roblox has started using fun-captcha in Login. so roblox.js is useless for ranking.

2 Likes

Is it actually allowed to create a Rank Bot or is it against the Roblox ToS or something?

2 Likes