Group Shout Notification

On the Roblox website it is too hard for players to see group shouts. Currently when a group shout is posted it is hidden away in the “My Feed” tab mixed in with feeds from friends. Implementing a group shout notification would allow for quick and easy access to the shout.

This feature would be very beneficial to development groups who want to let their player base know when an update is scheduled or a new game is announced. Clothing groups would also benefit from this by making their customers aware of new lines of clothing released. Other use cases include testing sessions, staff meetups and general announcements that would need to reach the majority of group members.

These notifications can of course be disabled.

Mockup of what it potentially could look like:

50 Likes

I agree with this

As a group owner, it’s frustrating that my group shouts are hidden in an often crowded (especially if you have a nearly full friend list), and rarely visited feed, and expecting my members to actively visit the group page to view shouts which is unrealistic to expect of the average member.

It’s difficult to build a community on Roblox with the limitations of the group page, which is why using third party sites such as Discord is nearly a necessity for community building. While minor changes like this could make drastic improvements to ability to foster a community on the Roblox site itself.

16 Likes

Sorry to bump, but this is something that I recently realized. I’m adding my thoughts here instead of making another thread.

My group has 27K people in it. That is a large number. Unfortunately, I do not feel like I can actually reach out to all of these people because of how group shouts currently work, especially because not everyone can or will click through to the Discord server.

As far as I know, there are only two ways to view a group shout: going to the group page, or clicking the ‘my feed’ button at the side. This is not good enough. Nobody just visits the page of a group they’re in unless they have a reason to (like to post on the wall or to find a game under the group). The ‘my feed’ page is useless because there are no notifications and I feel like literally nobody goes there (I personally haven’t, same goes for other developers that I’ve asked).

All in all, it is incredibly hard to actively engage the thousands of people in my group, if not impossible currently. It feels like having so many people in my group is good for nothing. Simply giving notifications for group shouts, or adding a clearer and more visible place to view shouts of groups that you’re a member of, would go a long way in fixing this.

5 Likes