Gui functions weirdly on others account but not the creator's (me)

I basicly have a sidebar to navigate to different pages and there’s a blob to tell you what page you are on. The main problem is the blob and the buttons position are fine on my
creator account but the others don’t.

What I tested is I tried using it on 2 different accounts on the same PC but it just doesnt function properly

And here are the scripts (It shouldn’t be about the on screen position from what i see)

local TS = game:GetService("TweenService")
local PageLayout = script.Parent.Parent.Parent.MainContent.UIPageLayout
local MainContent = script.Parent.Parent.Parent.MainContent
local SelectedBlob = script.Parent.Parent.Ignored.Selected
local Buttons = script.Parent
local Tinf = TweenInfo.new(0.5,Enum.EasingStyle.Quad,Enum.EasingDirection.InOut)
local AnimB,AnimC

--Jump to
Buttons.MainMenu.Activated:Connect(function()
	PageLayout:JumpTo(MainContent.MainMenu)
end)

Buttons.SelectRole.Activated:Connect(function()
	PageLayout:JumpTo(MainContent.SelectRole)
end)

Buttons.SelectedRole.Activated:Connect(function()
	PageLayout:JumpTo(MainContent.SelectedRole)
end)

Buttons.SelectedRoleTools.Activated:Connect(function()
	PageLayout:JumpTo(MainContent.SelectedRoleTools)
end)

Buttons.ToggleContent.Activated:Connect(function()
	if MainContent.Position.X.Scale > 0 then --Hide
		Buttons.ToggleContent.Showing.Value = false
	elseif MainContent.Position.X.Scale < 0 then --Show
		Buttons.ToggleContent.Showing.Value = true
	end	
	ContentToggle()
end)

Buttons.SettingsMenu.Activated:Connect(function()
	PageLayout:JumpTo(MainContent.SettingsMenu)
end)

--Misc
function ContentToggle() 
	if Buttons.ToggleContent.Showing.Value == false then
		AnimC = TS:Create(MainContent,TweenInfo.new(1,Enum.EasingStyle.Quad,Enum.EasingDirection.InOut),{Position = UDim2.new(-0.239,0,MainContent.Position.Y.Scale,0)})
		Buttons.ToggleContent.Icon.Showing.Visible = false
		Buttons.ToggleContent.Icon.Hiding.Visible = true
		Buttons.ToggleContent.Showing.Value = false
	elseif Buttons.ToggleContent.Showing.Value == true then
		AnimC = TS:Create(MainContent,TweenInfo.new(1,Enum.EasingStyle.Quad,Enum.EasingDirection.InOut),{Position = UDim2.new(0.06,0,MainContent.Position.Y.Scale,0)})
		Buttons.ToggleContent.Icon.Showing.Visible = true
		Buttons.ToggleContent.Icon.Hiding.Visible = false
		Buttons.ToggleContent.Showing.Value = true
	end
	AnimC:Play()
	AnimC:Destroy()
end

function Move(PageButton)
	if PageButton ~= nil then
		AnimB = TS:Create(SelectedBlob,TweenInfo.new(1,Enum.EasingStyle.Quad,Enum.EasingDirection.InOut),{Position = UDim2.new(0.125,0,-0.035,PageButton.AbsolutePosition.Y)})
	else
		AnimB = TS:Create(SelectedBlob,TweenInfo.new(1,Enum.EasingStyle.Quad,Enum.EasingDirection.InOut),{Position = UDim2.new(0.125,0,-0.035,Buttons[PageLayout.CurrentPage.Name].AbsolutePosition.Y)})
	end	
	AnimB:Play()
	AnimB:Destroy()
	local AnimS1 = TS:Create(SelectedBlob,Tinf,{Size = UDim2.new(0.75,0,0.067+0.025,0)})
	AnimS1:Play()
	AnimS1:Destroy()
	wait(0.5)
	local AnimS2 = TS:Create(SelectedBlob,Tinf,{Size = UDim2.new(0.75,0,0.067,0)})
	AnimS2:Play()
	AnimS2:Destroy()
end
Move(Buttons.MainMenu)

--Event trigger
PageLayout:GetPropertyChangedSignal("CurrentPage"):Connect(Move)
Buttons.ToggleContent.Changed:GetPropertyChangedSignal("Value"):Connect(ContentToggle)
1 Like

The difference might be a result of the new “Experience Controls” UI (the buttons at the top left of the screen).

In the first screenshot, you have the current version of the Roblox menu / chat buttons, however, in the second screenshot, it’s the updated UI controls.

According to the original post of the announcement thread for the feature:

There’s a chance that the 22 pixel difference between the current and new experience controls could be causing that discrepancy in the UI you created (although I don’t know for sure).

If you have the Beta Feature for the enabled in Roblox Studio (I just checked the announcement post and it turns out that it’s been enabled by default in Roblox Studio as of January 18th, 2024) and designed the UI with that, then it would make sense why it’s aligned properly in the second screenshot (where the new Experience Controls are active) but not the first one.

I’ve disabled roblox reserved menu space long long time ago if that settings is disabled does it still affect the position on screen? Because i think it shouldn’t

1 Like

image_2024-04-04_164243655
This is the settings the screengui is using

1 Like

SafeAreaCompatibility being set to FullscreenExtension might be contributing to the discrepancy in the examples you provided in the original post, as its documentation on the Roblox Creator Documentation site mentions that it could affect the size / position of ImageLabels and ImageButtons in some cases.

I’d recommend setting that to None to see if that resolves anything (especially in the case that it’s interfering with what you set the ScreenInsets property to, since the same page happens to advise against using FullScreenExtension):

However, it’s recommended that you avoid fullscreen extensions for new work; instead, use the ScreenInsets property to specify which insets should be respected for different ScreenGuis.

Other than that, I don’t know what else could be causing the differences, unfortunately. If I can find anything / figure anything else out that might be of use, I’ll reply again. Sorry if I wasn’t able to help that much; hoping that you’ll be able to find a solution soon!

1 Like

Set it to none. Didn’t work I’ve been making this game alone for 3 years now i haven’t seen this problem before. Still, Thank you for trying your best to help me :]

1 Like