Studio Beta for Experience Controls Available Now

HOW DO I GET RID OF IT IN MY ROBLOX CLIENT ITS INCOMPATIBLE WITH SO MANY GAMES.

I’m genuinely so confused, it seems I was one of the “lucky people” to receive beta access in-game I guess maybe!? The new Experience Controls are incompatible with most popular roblox games and block a lot of content. How can I disable it!?

1 Like

Get a FFlag Editor and set “FFlagEnableInGameMenuChromeABTest” to “False” if you want to get rid of it.

2 Likes

i actually liked it on pc (i hate pressing a button on a different side to open the backpack or to close leaderboard on mobile) now I GOT THE OLD BAR AGAIN WHAT THE HECK MAN

1 Like

Please fix the terrible Roblox logo resolution and maybe try and find a different animation for it. The current one is very weird, has delays and overall just looks terrible. At first I thought it was bugged, but updates later, it’s still the same which means this is how its meant to look :sob::sob::sob:.

4 Likes

Can we please just have a way to hide the menu entirely? It serves 0 purpose other than to take up space and be an eyesore.

This feature is now available to all creators by default in Studio. You no longer need to opt-in to the beta in Studio to test this feature. As a reminder, this feature is only developer-facing for now and only visible within the Roblox studio.

Try it out and let us know what you think!

4 Likes

Not seeing this in Studio on version 608. Is there a setting somewhere I’m missing?

This is with the beta enabled BTW.

2 Likes

How do I turn this off? I really dislike the new topbar because of the terrible accessibility (clicking twice to see the chat for example) and the huge amount of space it takes compared to the old one.

I agree that it is a downgrade, but, I don’t think you can as it is a new feature that is being pushed to all Studios. Soon, it will be pushed to all clients.

Is there any experience specific settings that developers can choose to keep the core GUI on the previous version rather than this new version? Many of us feel that the new UX design is very intrusive and disruptive to our experiences and would greatly appreciate an option like that if possible!

Having this option would make UX even more intrusive for players. It isn’t very “disruptive” when there are tons of resources available to make your game compatible.

Honestly this is a downgrade filled with bugs

Here are my gripes:

Chat closed by default, why?

I’d think that would hurt one of Roblox’s strengths as a platform which is the entire social element of games. People coming in for the first time won’t know that there is a chat that exists unless they press that button.

Also it’s just that extra bit annoying when you need to throw in a chat command.

This is an annoyance for a multitude of reasons

1. Chat closed by default
  2. Can’t see when the chat has new messages without keeping the entire bar open (and I’d prefer to keep it closed because it’s an eyesore)
  3. The widget bar is an eyesore with the camera selfie viewport (that we can’t disable unless we own the games)
  4. When pressing any of the menu buttons for the first time, them getting added to quick access screws up the layout and can end up hiding the quick access for the chat button. Just why?
  5. The health bar is tiny and out of place, also seeing on the left side is odd…

Using the topbar space is impossible due to inconsistent spacing

Additionally, making good ui that fits with the new buttons is going to be practically impossible since the offset of the buttons changes depending on the device.

The spacing between the two buttons and the spacing between the widget button and health bar is different

Why isn’t the UI consistent at the most basic level. Like come on.

Opening the widget hides the health bar also

Another annoyance, and another reason why you would need to close the widget bar. Meaning that you can’t see the chat button as stated before

4f30c6da4209dc86a946143cc244a598

Viewport for camera shows an r15 avatar inside of an r6 game

bruh

9 Likes

Bug: Voicechat is un-accessible with the new experience controls.

Also enabling voicechat inside of a game enables the camera instead of voice chat (even though camera was not enabled)

2 Likes

Please for the love of god, cancel this ui change.

Heres a few of my reasons for personally hating the new ui

• I personally find working entirely with big & bulky circles instead of the small squares is alot harder cause i can basically only use icons unless i want to make it a giant oval if i just want to use text

• I need to update and or redesign alot of the ui not only to account for the change in topbar size but also finding some way to keep the buttons a consistent distance with eachother cause it changes between devices for some reason

• Its just in general alot more clunky feeling and annoying to use

• Why is the camera control widget always there even if you/the game has it disabled, and why are the joint rotations inverted on r6

• Another personal thing but i dont feel like i should have to randomly need to update all my ui, but also make it a setting cause it rolls out

• The ui is hardly consistent with itself

• Why is the menu button to get the options to open your backpack or reset your character still there if theyre already all opened

• Why does the quick access thing even work like that in general???

• Why is the leaderboard offset downwards when theres nothing above it anymore?

This isnt as constructive as i would have liked it to be but i have some very strong feelings on this ui change and even if i was it would almost diffidently fall on deaf ears considering how little has changed from when it was announced.
honestly if stuff like this keeps happening i may just go to unity or something

12 Likes

As of currently you can disable it by going to your studio beta features and disabling “Updated Roblox Controls” but once this feature is being pushed to all clients and going out of beta you will no longer be able to disable it.

4 Likes

jesus christ why is it a circle
atleast make it a square
(or a option to make it square)

i can’t live with circular UI that i cant disable

: (

3 Likes

Anyone know of an easy way to change the UICorner of it? I agree that it should not be a circle. I’m looking through the thread and can’t find much.

2 Likes

There’s a FFlag rolled out to some people that makes the Chat icon always visible.

You can open up the self view into a window by dragging it out of the topbar.

That has to do with the way the animations get replicated into the widget. It still seems like a bug, so maybe you could report it?

The example you showed has the character at 0 health. The health will display under the Unibar when it is open.

Agree on this, a API to help position buttons would really help.

2 Likes

You can put a solid black blocker underneath the buttons, as the buttons are solid black. You need to update the UI dynamically to fit under the Unibar though.

2 Likes

It would be nice if we could customize things more, I personally don’t like a bunch of buttons at the top, I’d rather it all under a tab in the settings menu or something. Chat can stay maybe or have everything docked into the button for the menu then when you click it, it expands like what’s shown in this. All for a clean ui.

I mean it was up to me there would be no “topbar”, especially for one of my future game ideas that is solely a single player story based game that focuses on higher details etc and more advanced gameplay.

Then for other games id went to make my own leaderboards, menues etc

2 Likes