GUI Positioning help

Hi everyone!

So I am making this GUI and i’m kind of just having a hard time working out how I am going to position everything. I’ll include an image of the GUI first just to hopefully help illustrate my problem.

All of the hexagons are seperate ImageLabels and are children of the same frame.
All of the hexagons also have a constant size.

So as you can see from the above image I have a kind of “main” hexagon which is of course the one closest to the bottom left, that one is easy to position so there’s no worry there but the ones around it i’m questioning how I would do.

I was thinking I could like make the smaller hexagons “origin” at the position of the main hexagon then have a table of UDim2 values for the smaller hexagons containing whatever offset is needed to get to the position I want. Id also have to update it every-time the ViewportSize changes too right?

Please let me know if you need any more information, this is my first post so I might be leaving a bit out!

also pls let me know if I’m approaching this a really odd way :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’d have to dabble a bit with UI Elements, those help a lot.

I intend to use UI Elements yes… What do you mean by this?

For instance, some UI elements hold a constant pixel size of the UI, but scale it down to make it look nice and neat on mobile/different screen sizes. In a way, it scales the AbsoluteSize of the UI. Some UI elements also do the same thing with positioning.

tbh i don’t understand this, changing the size doesn’t solve my problem here
really. If I use scale instead they just end up clipping over one another

I’m saying you could probably use UI elements to help position the GUI’s easier.

My understanding of a UI Element is a GUI Object? If that is what you mean i still don’t understand how your comment answers my question.

also is there a way to do this without scripts? That would be the best method if anyone has any suggestions :slight_smile: