GUI Positioning Is Different When Running Game

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    Fix the positioning of the GUI when playing the game.

2. What is the issue? Include enough details if possible!
    I scale and position the GUI (ImageButton) like normal. However, when I run the game, the position of these GUI’s are not in the same spot I put them while in studio. I added the 2 on the right later on and this is when I encountered this problem.

Studio POV:
RobloxDevHelp1

In-Game POV:
RobloxDevHelp2

1. What solutions have you thought of so far?
    I already made sure the Offset was set to 0 and I used Autoscale LITE. When reading other sources I learned that changing the Scaling will make sure it fits all screen devices. The sizes of my GUI are fine but now the positioning is not in the same position I put them while in studio. !
2 Likes

If you’re already scaling, then use aspect ratio constraints too

Have you compared the AnchorPoint? It looks as if maybe the backpack and cash elements are anchored at the top, while the others maybe are anchored at the bottom.

1 Like

Yeah, I just checked and all of them are set to (0,0). :frowning:

I used the UIAspectRatioConstraint, it looks cleaner, but the positioning is still off. :confused:

if you haven’t done so already, set the property “IgnoreGuiInset” to true

The solution was rather easy, I just had to transfer the “bugged” GUI’s into a completely new ScreenGUI. This means that I had something in the first ScreenGUI that affected the positioning of the Backpack and Text Label. I am too lazy to fully troubleshoot the problem so if anyone knows why the two GUI’s positions changed feel free to reply and I’ll mark that as the new solution. Thank you to everyone who tried to help me, I greatly appreciate it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There is a known bug with “UI Corner” that causes Auto Scale plugin to not work properly. If you delete any UI Corners inside of your GUI you will notice that the plugin starts working. Use UI Corner after you run auto scale and you will be fine. Please mark this as the new solution. Thank you!

1 Like