Gui scaling and position different in game

I didn’t say that on different devices the scale is different what I said was in studio the scale was different than in game.

Have you tried it since changing the size to scale?

I did I used AutoScale Lite to use scale

The plugin seems to be the issue, because setting the things i said shouldn’t change anything once you start playing.

Also, the text doesnt look scaled in studio, but looks scaled in game.

Is the GUI controlled at all in script? like does it create its own sizing etc.?

If I scale both all sides has to be the same size other wise it would look like this:

BrokenGUI

Remove the UIAspect and you will scale just fine

1 Like

Well now the button looks like this in game as it was 50x50.

And you want it to look larger?

I dont want it to look different when as in studio to in game

ok i see what you’re saying…the game has a different frame size than studio, since it has the top bar that studio doesnt have, where the hotbar is on top with the three icons.

1 Like

Ok here is the solution try this:

You have to select IgnoreGuiInset under the screengui property.

Because your plugin scales the position and size to your screen.

The reason you are having this problem stated in OP is because your place window in studio is stretched. Then, when you play in normal game the window is fullscreen so the size is not the same. You don’t need to do anything these people are suggesting (though some of them may be helpful). All you need to do is edit your UI on the same resolution you play on. If this doesn’t make sense to you, please ask questions.

Edit: I will make an example if you still aren’t sure what I mean.

You assume the OP’s studio screen window dimensions differ from their in game window… this doesn’t need to be true. And changing your screen size shouldnt make this much of a difference if you have built your UI correctly.

this might help for the OP, then when anyone else on earth plays the game, it will change the UI for their screen size… this is not sound advice. Building a UI that can move across multiple devices and screen resolutions is better to advise.

Also in your scenario the gui inset will always exist unless you ignore it… so even if you make your screen the same size you play in this will always offset unless you uncheck the property as i suggested above.

Disabling that property only adjusts the UI scaling for the top bar, it would literally make no difference in this circumstance.

Most resolutions are not dramatically different in scale, but you are correct that in those cases it would be wise to have constraints in place. That being said, his question in the OP was quite simply “why is this showing differently in studio than in game”, not “how do I best scale for all resolutions and devices”, he already has a plug-in doing that.

I answered his question properly, and did not need to base it on any assumptions as he shared an image of his place window in studio.

1 Like

So when he comes back and says i played my game on mobile, here are two screenshots why are they different? Your answer will be “edit it on the mobile resolution”?

Clearly his plugin didnt do the job he intended it to do. And clearly he doesnt want the UI to only please his native resolution and no one elses.

Edit: im not trying to start a fight here, i was genuinely offering up many solutions to what i thought the OP’s real issue was (with limited info).

I don’t appreciate the sarcastic remarks.

It’s not possible to have perfect UI scaling across infinite resolutions. You just need to accommodate for reasonable resolutions. His plugin won’t fix user error of optimizing for some strange, unwanted resolution, but it may fix for mobile/tablet. If not, that’s a different problem.

In any case, you should not be designing your UI on a window stretched to who-knows-what resolution — and doing so will cause issues like this.

I can give you another example of what I mean by in roblox studio and in game the positioning and scaling is completely different from each other.

GUI in roblox studio:

GUI in game: