GUI Sizing Trouble

Hey guys
So I’ve been having this problem recently where the GUIs for some reason have this weird sizing issue
So, when I play the game on PC, the GUI is completely fine

yet, when I go on mobile it appears this way

shop2

Any ideas on why this is happening?

1 Like

The UI needs to be scaled for all devices. Unfortunately, Roblox Studio doesn’t not automatically scale that for you so you need to scale the GUI so it’s the same size for all of them.

Here is a link to a Tutorial that can help you:

1 Like

i think roblox studio scales all guis if you set the scale property. it does not with offset

That’s not true. Roblox doesn’t automatically set the scale for UIs. You always have to set it yourself or use a plugin like AutoScale.

If you want to scale the UIs yourself, you need to remove the offset completely, and adjust the scale of the size of the UI so it fits the screen. Once you SCALED the UI (not positioned it), to your liking, it will fit for all devices.

Once again: Moving the position will not scale it for all devices.
You need to go the properties of the UI, remove the offset completely, and use the x and y scale to fit it to your screen. Then, it will fit all screens.

Offset is very important to making things look right on different aspect ratios.
Consider this:
If I had just used Scale, I would need to have a 0.975 scale (assuming that I am using a 16:9 display) that would only work on devices with the same aspect ratio.
My position would also be wrong on devices that don’t use the same aspect ratio if I did the same thing to it.

@LEONJEMINAJ Consider reading Intro to GUIs. In it, it demonstrates how to use Offset and Scale. I would also advise never attempting to resize a GUI by dragging and resizing it in the preview.

1 Like

Carrying on from this
When scaling it make sure that if your using autoscale, go onto unit conversion and when selecting something such as an imagelabel, convert it to “scale”

1 Like

(My bad if this was already mentioned)

That’s what I said in my previous post.

1 Like

Oh. I guess it wasn’t clear to me.

1 Like

Its a scaling issue. I recommend using this plugin

1 Like