Gui tween suddenly stopped working

i made a setting gui and a information gui which both open with tweens, however just the settings gui stopped opening (i think its because my studio updated).
ive tried rewriting the settings gui code and noticed that the variables wouldnt get autofilled or even offer the name of the gui…
hope it made sense

im using CloseUI1 and CloseUI2 , Settings Page , Client1 and Client2 , Client and Client , Information (opened) and Settings (opened).

Settings Page script:

local Event1 = ReplicatedStorage["Remote Events"].CloseUI1
local Event2 = ReplicatedStorage["Remote Events"].CloseUI2

Event1.OnServerEvent:Connect(function(Player)
	Event1:FireClient(Player, Player)
end)

Event2.OnServerEvent:Connect(function(Player)
	Event2:FireClient(Player, Player)
end)

Client1 script; 
local ReplicatedStorage = game.ReplicatedStorage
local Event1 = ReplicatedStorage["Remote Events"].CloseUI1

local Debounce = true
local Debounce2 = true

Event1.OnClientEvent:Connect(function(Player)
	local sett = Player:WaitForChild("PlayerGui")["Ui's itself"]["Settings (opened)"]

if sett.Visible == true and not Debounce and not Debounce2 then
		Debounce = true
		sett:TweenPosition(UDim2.new(0.368, 0, 1, 0), Enum.EasingDirection.InOut, Enum.EasingStyle.Quad, 1, false)
		wait(1)
		sett.Visible = false
		Debounce2 = true
	elseif sett.Visible == false and Debounce and Debounce2 then
		Debounce = false
		sett.Visible = true
		sett:TweenPosition(UDim2.new(0.368, 0, 0.118, 0), Enum.EasingDirection.InOut, Enum.EasingStyle.Quad, 1, false)
		wait(1)
		Debounce2 = false
	end
end)

Client script: 
local ReplicatedStorage = game.ReplicatedStorage
local Remote1 = ReplicatedStorage["Remote Events"].CloseUI1

script.Parent.MouseButton1Down:Connect(function(Player)
	Remote1:FireServer(Player)
end)```

Are you receiving any errors while testing it? Have you tried putting in print statements to test if the remote events are being called properly?

ive tried putting a print, nothing showed up aswell as no errors

Then it means the issue is somewhere with the way you’re calling the remotes, make sure they are being called and connected properly

thats really weird… yestrday it worked completly fine yet now it doesnt and i didnt change anything. it works exacly the same way as the information gui (which works) i guess ill try to go over the scripts again
thanks for trying to help anyway

2 Likes