GuiButton.CursorIcon

As a ROBLOX developer, it is currently hard to set your own “Hover” cursor when it comes to UI. I have my own mouse icon that fits my game’s style. I had made two cursors: “Regular” and “Action”. Action was meant to be used as a custom hover icon for UI, for ClickDetectors (this is now possible because of the new ClickDetector.CursorIcon property.)

It’s possible to hack around this with UI by making your own ImageLabel, which is set to be positioned at the mouse’s position, though it would be handy if we could just have an easier way around this, like is done with the ClickDetector now.

25 Likes

100% Support! This would be really handy & fun to play with!

2 Likes

Is this what you mean?
http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=Mouse_Appearance

3 Likes

:thinking:

1 Like

No. Mouse Appearance is about regular appearance. The engine overrides your mouse appearance with the default ROBLOX GuiButton hover icon.

3 Likes

Sorry if i’m too late but this would be much appreciated, the current mouse property gets changed to the black cursor when over a GuiButton.

1 Like

This would be useful

1 Like

Also still fully support this, especially with the addition of PluginGui’s and having no way to set the cursor icon.

1 Like

You should be able to change the default hover icon similar to how you can change the idle cursor icon. What’s the point of having a custom idle cursor without the hover cursor being customizable as well!

1 Like

I support this entirely, having to hide the mouse cursor and use an image label is not a viable workaround for a feature which should already be included.

Sorry if this is a bump, seeing as someone else commented before me I see it as okay.

2 Likes

I’m not sure why this was bumped but this feature isn’t needed. The Mouse.Icon property is not reliable and only works with items that change the mouse icon. Relying on it isn’t a good idea. An option with a higher fidelity would be to create a module or use an existing module that does this for you and entirely replaces the mouse icon, disabling the mouse icon. Additionally, Mouse is functionally deprecated and should not be used for new work if you need a service with functionality provided in the topic.

If Roblox could update the documentation for Mouse.Icon or deprecate it, that would be a good improvement for users who don’t know how to correctly change the icon.

2 Likes