Guide to making old roblox-like builds accurately

Hey devs, today I am guiding you on how to make an old roblox-like build.

Colors

You can’t just pick a color and that’s it. There was limited to colors you could choose. Color3 wasn’t available at the time, so here’s a list of colors that were available:

(BrickColor names)

• Bright yellow

• Bright green

• Bright red

• Bright blue

• Bright violet

(& more)

Materials

Depending on the era you are trying to replicate, there weren’t many materials. Click here for the materials that were available at the era you are trying to replicate.

Surfaces

If your build is trying to replicate 2006-2008, do not use materials. These didn’t exist back then. Use surfaces instead, such as studs, for example.

Using old sounds

If your build is trying to replicate before 2013, then you should use sounds uploaded by Roblox admins. Such as the paintball gun sound. You could not upload your own audios until 2013.

I hope that this guide could help you replicate old roblox with your builds more accurately.

7 Likes

You can make build in an old roblox studio and import the build to new roblox.

1 Like

that would be unstable, MaximumADHD archived it at 2020, the repository haven’t been updated since 2015, and is no longer maintained

I wish RetroStudio lets us export models to Roblox Studio, Roblox released a new API that allows you to export models as packages, so maybe RetroStudio can use that

1 Like

Yeah but 99% of old studio versions are super unreliable and buggy, you don’t really realise how bad the old client was until you try to use it for more than 30 minutes.

5 Likes

I would personally use an old Roblox Client Bootstrapper Called ‘Novetus’.

It had the full-old studio, and you can re-open projects to the current studio.

1 Like

I have made a classic roblox pack with the original trees and bricks used in old roblox maps. If anyone needs it to build their own map with it, you can use it.

1 Like