GUIs in studio look different in game

Hey devforum.

I’ll get straight to the point

My issue is that im not too experienced with UI design, and I design a UI in studio, but it looks completely different in game (in a bad way). I don’t know if theres any experienced UI designer out there that can help but that would be great!

I’ll attach a few examples of my issues.

What the UIs should look like:

Screenshot 2023-06-11 190852
Screenshot 2023-06-11 190904

What they do look like:

Screenshot 2023-06-11 191028

Please help!! tysm

2 Likes

This issue appears to be an issue with the GUI using Offset values for the Size property rather than Scale values. Offset values translate to a specific amount of pixels on the user’s screen while Scale values translate to a percentage of pixels of the user’s screen.

3 Likes

How do I fix that? I don’t quite understand what your saying.

1 Like

To convert an Offset value to a Scale value, you would divide the offset value by the screen size in the respective dimension.

Hey! I see that someone else has already replied telling you what to do but i know an easier way. Just use this plugin, activate it, and scale your GUI however you feel! The great thing about this plugin is that it does the calculations for you and makes the GUI the same size for everyone on every device automatically!

Link: AutoScale Lite - Roblox

Goodluck!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I will try this as soon as I can. :slight_smile:

1 Like

in the UI elements you can see Size and Position like this {0,214},{0,543},
that an offset, you need a scale, and that is {0.1,0},{0.1,0},
first numbers of position and size, it’s scale, but first table {0,0} is X and second one is Y. Scale, sizing an element of your monitor size, offset doesn’t do it, it’s just staying like in the studio. In the script you can change it like this:

UDim2.new(0 --[[offset X]],0 --[[scale X]], 0 --[[offset Y]],0 --[[scale Y]], 0)

or just

UDim2.scale(0,0)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.