Gun firing starting position messed up

if i equip my gun while in first person and try to shoot the bullet will slowly start shooting lower and lower (see video part 1)

if i equip in third person then go into first it works as normal (see video part 2)

makes no sense
the viewmodel is created by coping the fake arms in the character then stored in the character
when going into first person the viewmodel is parented to the camera so it moves with the camera’s rotation

it uses the WorldPosition of an attachment for the starting position and the WorldCFrame of another attachment for the direction

looking at the position of the origin attachment the Y position after shooting goes down (when equipping in first person)

any way to fix this

I noticed the gun is falling when spawned, usually this effects the world position of the attachment if the code runs in heartbeats after physics where gun drops.

Usually anchoring should solve it like the other posts below, but without code or more information that’s all I can recommend for now:

thanks that fixed it. i should of thought of that from the start. i anchored the root part of the gun and the bullets are now normal