Gun making in blender/roblox studio?

1. I’m trying to make a realistic looking gun.
  2. It’s really hard to make, and i’m not sure how to do this decal thing in blender.
  3. I have been looking up videos, but I still don’t know how to do it as it’s really confusing
2 Likes

First of all, before you hop right into making a complex realistic gun model, I would start with something smaller. It’s good to learns the mechanics of blender, and get the basics down, before trying to create something tricky like a gun. I would commit some time to learning blender well, as it will make following more advanced tutorials much easier.

In terms of tutorials for making roblox guns, I would recommend this one.

It is pretty easy to follow, and shows you each step to making a nice low poly gun by tracing a reference. It does use a older version of blender than the current, but most of the controls transfer over, and can be found by googling if you can’t find a specific control or modifier.

4 Likes

I’ll definitely try it out sometime! Thanks!

2 Likes

Also, what would you recommend for me to use for the basics

I would recommend BlenderGuru’s YouTube channel. His basic tutorial videos are really great. Just browse through his channel for starters videos that are about your level, and start there.

4 Likes

If your not comfortable or confused with using alternative software’s I would try starting small and see what type of gun your trying to create inside (Blender or Roblox studio).

For creating complex models this can be done in a software rather then studio, start small and slow learn the software first before attempting to create models basically learn the curve and ropes around blender, see which software your more comfortable in using.

If your just starting out in using 3D softwares I would watch a few beginner tutorials to get the hand and curve around blender, you may want to watch series to get an overall understanding of the (interface, tools, workflow and more). Different channels go into more details about blender it would be good to take notes, so you could use that later down the line.

Every model you create isn’t gonna turn out how you’re hoping it too, since you’re new to creating models it’s good to try to improve it and see what the end result brings you. Here is a related question:

1 Like