[GUN MODEL] Need Feedback on British Sten Gun (Made with parts and unions)

Hello there, I would like feedback on the Sten. A gun I built with unions and parts a few months ago before joining. Note, the magazine mesh and the Union sight isn’t created by me, I will credit the original creators.

BACKGROUND:
The Sten Gun was used by the British, British Colonies (Australia/New Zealand (ANZAC), India, Canada) and Resistance groups in the Second World War. It was cheap and reliable! However it was uncomfortable and would jam a lot, but it was better than buying expensive weapons from the Americans. Please give honest feedback towards me, I would really appreciate it.

–SCREENSHOTS–

UNION

UNION
Sten Sights dev forum

“Tommy” (Nickname for British Soldier) aiming with his Sten Gun. (Webbing is built by me but the helmet is an UGC item).

Canadian Soldier armed with his Sten Gun. (Webbing is built by me but the helmet is an UGC item).

6 Likes

10/10 but why is it called british sten gun when a canadian is holding it

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I will answer your question.

The reason why I put British Sten Gun in the title because it was originated and created by the British.

The Canadian Soldier is holding it because the British would often ship/share/send supplies to countries they colonized/controlled. This was also before Canada, Australia/New Zealand, India and other countries became independent countries like today which meant they were all controlled by the British Government and used British equipment which includes weapons and military equipment. Plus, all of these four countries had the British Union Jack Flag on their flag during this time period, for example, Canada didn’t have the Maple Leaf flag back then.

This is really cool and well made, awesome job! And thanks for the little history lesson loll :slight_smile:

But man that stock would feel like pure pain

Thanks for the feedback. The weapon may jam a lot and wasn’t comfortable to use, but it was cheap to make though.

1 Like

Do you know what size bullets the gun used? I’m guessing mayybbee 22 millimeter.

The gun used 9mm bullets which are the same bullets used for the MP40.

1 Like

I wow that was smaller than I expected, maybe they had a smaller bullet size standard compared to modern handguns and such.

It looks great honestly. but the one thing that irks me a bit is the sight.

the hole doesn’t seem properly aligned (maybe intentional) and I can see the bottom of the circle popping out from the sides where both parts connect. Other than that, it looks great.

I love it it has a Roblox-ish vibe and it fits perfectly. The only problem is that unions are usually quite laggy from what I know and when making models of any sort meshes are usually the way to go. Nevertheless, great job!