Hacker stole millions robux, Roblox refused rollback because of 2 step verification recommendation

Roblox moderation is in dire need of improvement. For example, my old account with lifetime Premium and hundreds of thousands of Robux was terminated without just cause and they never restored it despite dozens of appeals. I suspect that moderators are following a strict set of instructions in these instances and are not allowed to deviate from those instructions. In this situation I imagine that they were told to only allow rollbacks for accounts with an app authenticator enabled. I believe that Roblox should allow moderators to make judgement calls when the situation calls for it. I am usually someone who advocates for a strict following of rules and procedure but in a situation involving millions of Robux where the thief has been found guilty and banned, the requirement for an app based authenticator should be waived. This situation is an example of when I think moderators should be able to use their best judgement to solve a situation. I hope this will be resolved favorably for you.

4 Likes

Not only that, if the thief is found and account banned, what if the thief did not have a chance to spend any of the robux? Basically Roblox would be getting free money this way. :melting_face:

3 Likes

ROBLOX Moderation will always find an excuse to not do their job or honor their word.

I’m incredibly sorry that this happened to you, millions isn’t something to scoff at. This is why I’ve taken such a public stance against ROBLOXs current state in moderation, and people wonder why I feel the way I feel. This is 100% unacceptable.

So what happens when they made an account AFTER Dec 9th? This is a poor cope out, shill.

Another question I would have is, why is the “Authenticator App” considered to be the only 2FA way to secure your account? Anyone who has used these will already know there is no backup function or password locking for these apps, so if a hacker has enough access to have both your account and device, the authenticator app is just as useless as anything else that is hacked. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

This is irrelevant in this situation. We are discussing about the original poster’s account which wasn’t created after December 9th, 2021. Not any account created after the PM was sent.

Besides, I’m not the person to complain to for this.

A staff member stated that the message is still displayed whether or not you have it enabled

It’s not irrelevant, your argument is that if this happens it shouldn’t be an issue because ‘roblox sent a notice about it’. The communities problem is that this isn’t the first time something like this has happened, you aren’t making sense and need to excuse yourself from this conversation.

1 Like

Don’t put words in my mouth. I never said that it wouldn’t be an issue since Roblox sent a notice about it.

I provided some information that I hope would contribute to the topic. Understand my reply clearly because jumping to conclusions.

1 Like

If you don’t think that’s the message your post conveyed, then maybe you not making any sense is the least of your worries…

If you don’t mind me asking, how were you hacked?

It’s exactly how I conveyed it. I stated something I noticed. I don’t understand where you’re getting this perspective from.

At this point, I’m just talking to a wall. I’ve said what I wanted to say so I’m going to mute the thread.

The account restoration guidelines need a rework with clear expectations plus definite and indefinite rules. These “limited circumstances” also have limited explanations. I’ve known users that have received more than one rollback per account and users that didn’t receive any.

The lack of stringent guidelines creates more stress and uncertainty in an already stressful situation. It’s gross on Roblox’s end.

Also, I saw the replies with the account security policy update, but that’s insufficient. A critically important message that would get drowned out by spam, really?

1 Like

The same thing also happened to me a while ago, but with 600k Robux. They denied my rollback too because I only had email verification and not authenticator verification. I really hope you get your Robux recovered somehow though soon.

I also just got hacked and Roblox denied my rollback… For me, my limited items were worth around 600-800k. So not millions of robux, however, it is outrageous there is no protection for developers that creators for a hobby. This is absolutely a traumatic experience.

Hello, @AlienDanBlox, @Hai_Creator, and @OmegaInvictissimus

Like many of you, I am the victim of an inconsistent Roblox Support policy. I won’t stray too deep into my personal experiences, but, to give a short breakdown, I was denied a rollback after my account was compromised and my valuables distributed.

Fret not, though. 6 months of trial and error but just last week, I have successfully mandated my rollback, and I am currently in the process of assisting three other victims that have undergone similar experiences as those described by you and other people in this post.

Screenshot of Support reinstating my items:

However, at the time of writing this reply, I am not entirely sure I will be able to create a way for anyone to retrace my footsteps, so to speak. Until I am successful in this regard, I will make sure to update this thread with a guide to restoring your lost items and accounts. Until then, I invite you to communicate further with me on Discord about your exact experiences detailing your correspondence with Roblox Support, my Discord handle being Dav.id#1189.

Godspeed,

David

3 Likes

Since the process of getting a rollback is long and tedious, I have decided to post my guide in advance. You can find it below. ↓

My group was recently hacked as well, we only had around 125k robux, but roblox did not restore them as well and provided no further explanations than “We are not able to provide restoration to your account”.

They only restored group ownership after almost 2 weeks and didn’t even bother restoring a single robux in the end…

i mentioned the flaw in the page and it still hasn’t been fixed. this was months ago.

This sucks, I really love playing your dream core game.