Haha I made Quake movement lololol

Hello World!

I’m currently working on an retro arena style fps inspired by Quake I.
Pls give me feedback.

9 Likes

Oh you mean Bhop movement. I wont say its “ebic” its decent. Still could be better if the camera feels more like it.

3 Likes

Would you be able to elaborate on what you mean about

So I would be able to improve it?

By that I mean there is no visual appeal to it that shows your actually moving quickly. Maybe try tampering the FOV? and maybe try making a custom camera system and adding like shake to it?

I did make my own camera system overhauling the current Roblox’s camera system so I could make it seem more “retro in a way.”

As I said, I am currently trying to create a more retro style 1990’s style retro game. As I analyzed footage from several sources, I haven’t seen any games within 1990 - 2000 with a tampered field of view setting to make it seem “faster.”

And I also only add camera bobbing when the player is grounded, not jumping. Cause it looks weird. Tampering the field of view in an FPS game isn’t such a good idea as you will have to need to focus on other players while you are aiming.

So mechanical-wise, I won’t be tampering with any other camera option besides moving the camera up and down to create the illusion of walking.

First of all you didnt mention “retro” theme just until a second ago and okay. Do what you want idm.

2 Likes

Quake is in the title, im sorry if I made any mistakes :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

No no no I said you

didnt mention this when I made my first reply. Anyways its not like such a big big deal so leave it and go make your game.

1 Like

Ok
Edit: woah

Just type: <eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee> and it kind of tricks the system.

2 Likes