Hallway Jam | Round Based Survival Game | +devlog

Greetings! Me and a development team I’ve been leading have been working on a game lately called Hallway Jam
This has been a game idea of mines for about 2 years now and I feel now it’s almost done in a way where it’s presentable so I thought I’d post about the game here.

The game isn’t very original as it’s more of a tribute to those old horror round based survival games on Roblox such as Eternal Horror in the House and such, but this game has it’s own twist. It has mechanics!

Mechanics being featured such as:
A Sprint Mechanic
Regain stamina faster by standing still and regain it slowly by walking if you need to walk

A Chase and Search Mechanic for the AI’s!
Staying out of sight of a monster for some time could make them give up chase, they of course always know where you are but have two states, the search state in which they are more calm and the chase state in which chase music plays and they are out for blood.

Special Rounds!
Special Rounds can come in various shapes and sizes, either being unique and calming or being completely chaotic.

And of course you can’t forget the miscellaneous things added that are there purely for comedic affect, death messages!
image_2022-10-18_011221738
image_2022-10-18_011254068
and many more messages too rather than just this…

And this isn’t all of it, trying to list them all would be too much and even then the game is still purely in the developmental phase, so a lot more could be added.

Players are also awarded for simply playing the game rather than surviving or dying, infact dying simply doesn’t affect anything, it just means well… you died! You’re awarded for just trying to play through the round and take it like a champ.

And of course this game features a shop system with emotes and utilities such as flashlights, medkits, dances, and more!

This game on it’s own is basically a game attempting to mimic the old round based survival style while also adding it’s own twists, references to other media, and other chaotic nonsense I can’t be bothered to list cause this has too much going on.

This is a game that’s designed purely to appeal players that like this genre and want a fair fight against whatever they are going against, using their wits, sacrificing their friends or other players to survive the round. It’s not a game designed to appeal to kids but it’s simple enough to understand for a kid to play it as all you really do in the end is run around and try not to die. The games replayability comes from the fact that the game has so much, you can end up getting jumpscared and horrified by some goofy enttity chasing you around in a workplace.

And last thing too, the game is also a game that primarily focuses on the thing that is chasing you, some wielding swords, guns, or even some special powers maybe.

Overall the game is a chaotic mess that would be fun to play in because of how it constantly switches from horror to just funny.

Either way, I’d be looking to hear critiques or suggestions from you guys in the devforums as this game is still far behind development as of now.

Developer Log:

5/20/2023:

Still working on the game as well as providing new content for the game, the map featured within this screenshot is the monochrome map, I have no real map title for it yet.

I also ended up creating 3 new thumbnails (this is one of them).

as well as a level up system, and in newer developer builds of the game, I added new movement for the players, players who play in first person will now be able to move flashlights or whatever tool they are using with their camera and moving will cause your camera to tilt a bit towards the direction you’re moving.

Out boredom I also created new duck enemies that the player could randomly encounter (along with the other 50 monsters that are planned to be put in).

Overall development is going quite slow due to classes but this is mostly everything that I have to show so far.

7 Likes

Can’t wait to see it when it comes out! :+1:

2 Likes

I’m gonna be completely redoing this post once I fully finish the project to a point where I feel showing it to the public is acceptable since this isn’t gaining any traction

1 Like