Handling client-side tweens with streaming enabled

I am currently moving all of the tweening operations in my game from the server to the client. My game has many animated doors, and their positions need to be the same for all clients. This would be simple if my game did not have StreamingEnabled. My game must have it enabled in order for it to run smoothly at all. I do not know how to handle doors opening outside the streaming radius without having some desync. I cannot animate unloaded parts.

1 Like

Strange to do so. Door opening tweens should be on the server, as it will replicate to everyone only within the radius.

What you’re doing is effectively breaking that optimization.

1 Like

Can you give more details about this? Why are you moving it from the server to the client? Do your doors have a hitbox or region where a player must enter before the doors open? If so, you can just listen for the event using Zone+.

If you need simple tween animations for doors on the client, you can just make it so the server detects if a player has entered a region using Zone+, and then have the server fire a RemoteEvent to the client to tween the doors.

The best solution is to just have it on the server.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.