Handling mass DevHub nitpicks

While browsing the DevHub, I often encounter information that is inaccurate or missing. This happens frequently. After recently starting to keep track, I already have 15 corrections backlogged. I’m not familiar with the workflow of the Developer Hub category, so I am wondering about the most appropriate way to report many corrections at once:

1. One thread per individual correction.
  2. One thread per group of similar corrections.
  3. One big thread, all corrections at once.
  4. One big thread, one post per correction.
2 Likes

Or, you can use:

I’m sure @Ozzypig is actively looking if corrections are needed. Minor changes go in that thread instead of creating a new topic. Post a new reply in a reasonable frequency (I’d suggest having a group of “corrections”).

3 Likes

Use the mega thread for minor edits and spelling errors.

It’s pinned at the top of the category.

As for more significant edits, make a new topic.

(cc @Macawmangrovve12)

That category is not for pointing out

If you check out the OP,

Anaminus’ threads are likely pointing out the 2, 3, 4th bullet points. Therefore they wouldn’t belong in the megathread.

2 Likes

This. What I want to post does not meet the requirements of the thread. As an example:

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/datatype/Vector2

Vector2 defines the __unm operation, which returns a Vector2 with the negation of each of its components.

print(-Vector2.new(1,2) == Vector2.new(-1,-2)) --> true

Indeed, like I mentioned:

And,

Also:

If there’s multiple corrections that are related to each other, lump them in one thread.
If there’s multiple corrections that aren’t related to each other, don’t lump them in one thread.

Another question: if it’s best to group similar corrections, should I reuse the same thread if I find another similar correction some time in the future?

That’s essentially what I do. It’ll clean up the clutter, just like how multiple feature requests which all try to achieve the same thing will most likely be merged together by a moderator.

Creating topics is free so you might as well file multiple (one for each page with issues?).

1 Like