HandTo UI - Feedback

Hey! I’m not really an UI Designer, but I don’t really know any, and I’m honestly too poor to hire someone. Therefore, I have to make this, sadly.

This isn’t close to being finished, but I’d like feedback before I continue so I don’t waste my time. I’m going for a cozy, but modern look.

1 Like

Looks really good altho I’d move the “Hand To” below #plr text box.

1 Like

Maybe have the light tan box be contained within the darker brown box instead of cutting off. Like you had with the “#plr” box.

Perhaps a scroll bar on the right side of the “HandTo” column so that you could scroll down the whole list?

Great work on the UI though!

2 Likes

Thanks. Looks a lot better.

3 Likes

Simple yet effective. Good work!
Is that ImageLabel going to be the character’s thumbnail or a picture of the item you’ve chosen?

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I loved the suggestions, but I’m not sure whether I like the borders or not. Are they too thick maybe? I honestly don’t know.

Thank you so much. The ImageLabel will be the character’s thumbnail, I’m not sure what will happen after you click the hand to button though.

Found out it looked kind of weird with those thick borders. I honestly like this look.

In what way do you mean that? Are you talking about the UI or the scripting itself?

I’ve now noticed you’ve added a scroll bar, you should keep complimenting your design you have going. You should remove this design and go for a blocky thick scrollbar.

Also, as for the text under your username on the UI may look better if it was the same as “Drinks”, “Pasteries” and “Lollipops”? It may do, but its worth having a go to see if that’s the case.

1 Like

I’m talking about the UI, as you will be able to pick more than one item. I’ve decided to have a list of the items you chose, and you have to confirm that they’re the correct ones.

I used your tips, and the UI looks like this now. It honestly looks really good in my opinion. Thank you.

You could either simply have a pop up prompt to say if they’re sure with their choice.
Alternatively, you could tween the Clunk of UI on the right hand side to the top using tweens when the player presses “Hand To” and it shows up with the list of items selected in a ScrollingFrame if needed be.

The player would need to press “Hand To” button again to make the function to work. You could change “Hand To” to “Confirm” after its pressed.

After its pressed, you can tween the clunk back to its original position.

But its totally up to you, be creative if you want to. I’m just trying to shed some light on whats possible out there.

The second option was my idea at first, but I realised I don’t have enough space (and I honestly like the size of everything atm). I’ve decided to go with your first option, but I’ll also have a list in the end for you to confirm everything.

When finished, I’ll update this thread to get some feedback.

1 Like

This is how it looks like right now, and it looks really nice rn imo, but I’d like to know what you think?

1 Like

Looks good!
one little thing:
they’re not perfectly aligned but its very minor.

1 Like

Yeah, I noticed that too. I’d love to have the aligned, but it’s not really possible due to the scrollbar.

1 Like

You could always make the scrollbar thinner and re-align them as such.

1 Like