Has anyone else's monetization dropped heavily, while player counts stayed the same, or went up even?

I made a thread the other day about monetization for my game, World War Tycoon!

Monetization and player counts have gone down since our high of 200,000 R$ in sales a day with 3,000 CCUs in May, but our player counts have largely stabilized at around 30,000-50,000 players a day, maintaining a 300-600 CCU count, but our monetization continues to pretty poorly; one day, we had 45,000 players play, but only made 6,000 R$!

Obviously, this has to be on me for the huge drop in monetization, but it is a similar monetization strategy that I used in this older game of mine; whether I was getting 100,000+ or “only” 30,000 visits a day on that game, it was always generating a 1+:1 robux to player ratio. Something I am doing with World War Tycoon definitely isn’t reaching the game’s full monetization potential.

Another thing I have been considering is, the economy. I’ve been doing some research recently, and World War Tycoon has most of its players come from the United States and Russia, as seen below.

In the United States at least, we all hear about how the stock markets are up and unemployment is low, but in my home state of New Jersey, the cost of living, especially for renting and buying a house/mortgages, is through the damn roof. Prices from the insane inflation spike last year have not really come down either, and most everyone I know has not seen a pay raise despite all this. Not to mention, student loan payments will be “unfrozen” come October of this year.

As for Russia, their economic situation should be self-explanatory, given the current war and the sanctions. In addition, Ukraine is a big source of players for World War Tycoon, and they are quite literally at war right now.

What I am saying is, would it be logical (or completely illogical) for me to consider the current economic state in looking at monetization performance for my game? I assume a lot of the parents in the United States and Russia are “battening down the hatches,” given economic trends, and I assume having their kids spend money on ROBLOX is one of the first things on the budget chopping block.

Has anyone else noticed that, as their player counts remained stable/grew even, that monetization sharply decreased?

3 Likes

I have the same issue on my game called Rank Simulator X, when the playercount declined the robux per player also went down. Often this happens because there are less new players and more long term players who already own most gamepasses in your game.

I also don’t think that the economy right now has impact on your metrics as the benchmarks have not changed.

1 Like