Has Anyone made a game like this before?

Been trying to make some more robloxy things recently, like all my other games use none of roblox’s inbuilt systems so I’ve made my first tools!! it only took 4 years XD

Basically im wondering if there is already a game on roblox like this:

Its an FPS but you only have 2 guns one that destroys terrain and one that builds it. Goal is to kill the other team or capture their base or something…

But what im kinda really asking is are there other roblox games that play with terrain like this?
Is it a good idea?
is it worth starting up a secondary team to build…?

5 Likes

Not that I know of, it would actually be quite fun to play this!

I feel like it could be successful depending on how good the icon, thumbnail and actual gameplay is

2 Likes

I don’t think there’s a game about this.

Yes, this game is a very very good idea!! I’d like a lot to play it!

xD

Wow you really worked a lot on this game! I already see it in the video, but the result should be amazing!!

1 Like

oh no lol the game didnt take 4 years - it took about 4 hours - it took me 4 years to bother trying out the roblox tools and inventory system in a game… + thanks… i guess i’ll start a second project… you wanna help?

1 Like

I’d like to help but am not a very good dev, but why not if it can learn me how to be a better dev :slight_smile:

There’s a little difference xD

What kinda stuff you learned how to do so far? I’d mostly want people to build the lobby and do the GFX and stuff - i’ll probs handle all the code

I have a good level at Sound Designing and Clothes Designing, at the moment I’m learning scripting. Later I’ll try to learn building I think.

hmm well you can def make clothing for the game if you’d like - like anything a miner/construction would wear would be great.

Reminds me of an older game called Delve Deeper, where you controlled a squad of dwarves to mine their way to the enemy and fight, in a 2d environment. Neat concept. One thing I remember from Delve Deeper which you might consider implementing was resources; the player would come across gems and metal while breaking stone that they could use to buy or upgrade their gear or base (in delve deeper you had to destroy the enemy’s upgradable base IIRC)

Speak in PM it’ll be better, but ok I think I can do that :slight_smile:

is this a roblox game? I cant seem to find it

It was a game I played on Steam in about 2010. There should be youtube videos about it out there

This one?
I think i get what you mean about base combat and stuff tho… + upgrades are a v good idea
THX :smiley:

There’s a game that I think sounds pretty similar here’s the link: [ 3.0 Public Test ] AceOfSpadez BETA 2.7.0d - Roblox

Thats for PC, so if this guy’s game is mobile supported, its gonna be better

hmm seems different enough i think - its using the minecraft type block system again - why does no-one use the terrain, its been around for like 6 years now?

Well that game is closely based on a non-roblox game. It would be cool to see a project that uses the realistic terrain.

Ya, im just shocked so few people are using the terrain… Its kinda annoying to program for tho… you basically have to write your own voxel generation system if you wanna generate anything big…

local function CreateTerrain()	
	local seed =12
	local rand = Random.new(seed)

local xArrayMax=128	
	local yArrayMax=64
	local zArrayMax=128

local xVoxelMax=xArrayMax*4
	local yVoxelMax=yArrayMax*4
	local zVoxelMax=zArrayMax*4

local Material = Enum.Material.Grass
	local AreaMaterial={}
	local AreaOccupancy={}

local noiseGrid = {}

for x=1,xArrayMax,1 do 
		noiseGrid[x]={}
		for y=1,yArrayMax,1 do 
			noiseGrid[x][y]={}
			for z=1,zArrayMax,1 do 
				noiseGrid[x][y][z]= rand.NextNumber(rand,0,1)
			end
		end
	end

local newGrid ={}
	local count = 0
	--run noise grid through celluar automata
	repeat

for x=1,xArrayMax,1 do 
		newGrid[x]={}
		for y=1,yArrayMax,1 do 
			newGrid[x][y]={}
			for z=1,zArrayMax,1 do 
				local density = noiseGrid[x][y][z]
				if density >0.5 then
					newGrid[x][y][z]=1
				else
					newGrid[x][y][z]=0
				end	
			end
		end
	end
		noiseGrid = newGrid
		count = count +1
	until count == 6

for x=1,xArrayMax,1 do 
		AreaMaterial[x]={}
		AreaOccupancy[x]={}
		for y=1,yArrayMax,1 do 
			AreaMaterial[x][y]={}
			AreaOccupancy[x][y]={}
			for z=1,zArrayMax,1 do 
				AreaMaterial[x][y][z]=Material
				AreaOccupancy[x][y][z]=newGrid[x][y][z]
			end
		end
	end

local offsetX = -256
	local offsetY = -128
	local offsetZ = -256
	workspace.Terrain:WriteVoxels(Region3.new(Vector3.new(offsetX,offsetY,offsetZ),
		Vector3.new(xVoxelMax+offsetX,yVoxelMax+offsetY,zVoxelMax+offsetZ)),
		AreaMaterial,
		AreaOccupancy)
end