Hats & Accessories move position when grouped

I’m unsure why but over the last few years this bug has never been fixed when you insert a character using any plugin and if you then group it, it throws the hats forward and is one of the most infuriating bugs to exist, you cannot undo to fix it either.

I’ve experienced this issue hundreds of times and I cannot stand having to manually move the hats back in place, this just shouldn’t occur and should stay on the users head as intended.

7 Likes

Hi, to fix this problem. I suggest using the “Load Character” plugin. Because it automatically groups the NPC. As you stated, “when you insert a character using any plugin and if you then group it, it throws the hats forwards”. Well, there will be no needing to group the NPC because this plugin allows you to insert any character and automatically groups it. Hope this solves your problem.

I’ve had this same problem too. Thank you, that plugin helps.

1 Like

I already use that plugin and although it’s great I try to move my characters into organised groups e.g. Nightclub has “Security NPC” moved into the group so they all move together when I select and drag them, this then moves the hats forward and is really a nuisance although I do have ways around it e.g. using folders. However, this should be fixed, it’s still an issue.

2 Likes

Just unanchor the model, and then anchor it again.

2 Likes

In Studio and that fixes the hat positions?

Yep! Only issue is you lose any posing that you’ve done on the character.

2 Likes