Haunted Mansion Build

I recently made this haunted mansion build for a group. I just want some feedback on how it looks. This is just the exterior. I’ll be working on the interior too. And yes, this was based on the Call of Duty Black Ops map.

Any feedback or constructive criticism would be appreciated.

~Shinyju.

28 Likes

Okay, if its haunted, you might want some rooms to not have the lights on not all. Have some broken window if possible. And if you are going to use this build, have the sky grey to blend it with the theme

Edit: You might also want the building to have some wear and tear

1 Like

It looks great, but I’m not so sure about how the roofs look, the mansion also has a low poly vibe to it so you might want to try changing all the materials to plastic to see how it looks.

1 Like

Looks good but two things…

One is the fact that since its a haunted mansion, mostly people expect to see pointy rooftops and tall, old and dried brownish trees

Two, there’s no stairway down the entrance.

2 Likes

You might want to play around colors to make it look scarier! For example, (as people said above) broken windows and even some broken walls or fences to make it look more interesting!

Don’t get me wrong… The idea is there and it looks amazing!

1 Like

The brick part is the basement, I just haven’t added it in to the map yet. So it’s actually not that tall. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you look at the windows of the inner two towers, they don’t have lights. However, I do plan on giving the rooms some great details of tear and wear.

Looks amazing! But the walls on the circular rooms don’t really fit together. Also the wooden roof doesn’t really fit together, because the part is facing different directions. Anything but that looks great!

I purposely made it not fit together to add a bit more of a design for it rather than just add in a frame for it. And the wooden roof of the towers is tilted cause the towers themselves are tilted. I’ll probably fix up the roof some more though. Thanks for the feedback.:slight_smile:

~Shinyju.

The build is outstanding, I just dont understand the color difference in the roof

I think it is just the shadows.

1 Like

It is shadows. :eyes: However, the tower roof colors are different from the main roof colors. I might change it to match. :thinking: But thanks for the feedback @BaggyChris.

~Shinyju.

2 Likes

This is really cool. Was it being really high off the ground intentional?

As stated before, it was really high off ground, that area is the basement.

~Shinyju.

1 Like

If this is Halloween-based, you might wanna add some pumpkins. The sky also should be black or something like that. You might also wanna change the lighting properties, such as Ambiance and ColorShift_Top to give it a spooky feel.

Spectacular job with the house. To fit in with the Halloween theme, you should add shriveled up plants around the house and make some of the lights cracked up and off.

AWESOME! I am noob at building thats preety good and better than all my builds lol

It looks great!

Some feedback I have is that you could add some detail along the walls and edges of the exterior, like @TwyPlasma said, if it’s a haunted mansion it should have some clear signs of aging/wear and tear along the building, some examples could be foliage growing up the walls and foundation, leaves left in places that normally someone would sweep them off, etc