Have set camera view in Studio

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to set your camera to look at a scene, and the camera doesn’t move.

Sorry if my explanation is hard to comprehend (better explanation in replies), but I would like a way to view my scene, much like camera mode in blender or unreal engine, where you can locate a camera and return to that set view whenever you want.

Is there anyway to do this in Studio?

(Sorry if this is in the wrong category but I don’t know where to post.)

Thanks,

RobloxyDragon

2 Likes

I don’t quite understand what you mean, as I don’t use Blender or Unreal Engine. Could you explain better?

I usually have a part where i will return often, hit f, get right behind it, then change my fov, works fine for me

Are you talking about freecam? Pretty sure it only exists in the Roblox Client, not the Roblox Studio Client. To activate it, playtest any one of your games, and press Shift + P.

Thanks for the response!

This is what I am currently doing, but it doesn’t work all that well.

Can you expand on how to change fov, because currently, I am just pressing f on an invisible part.

Happy deving

RobloxyDragon

Thanks for the response!

It is quite hard to explain in words, but I shall give it another go:

In blender/unreal engine, you can position a camera to look at what you are building. You can then move and construct your build freely, but when you want to see it from the camera’s POV, you can return to it’s POV.

I would recommend looking at this video, but think about having only one camera rather than three (i.e the active camera): How To Change The Active Camera - Blender 2.8 Tutorial - YouTube. I would watch from the start to the 42 second mark of the video.

This would make it much easier to construct builds for showcases or just pictures, as you can focus on what the build looks like from the set camera’s perspective, rather than an estimate.

Happy deving

RobloxyDragon

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, I am not talking about free cam. I wish to set a camera’s view somewhere in my build then return to that exact view on command.

Happy deving

RobloxyDragon

1 Like

I understand now. I actually don’t know if this is possible yet. It would be very useful to have though!

1 Like

in the camera object in workspace is your camera, locally I think, you can change the properties. You can also delete it to tp right to the center of the world.

Here, in a local script you’ll want to do this.

local Cam = game.Workspace.CurrentCamera
Cam.CameraType = Enum.CameraType.Scriptable -- So you can change pos
Cam.CFrame = (part cframe or cframe value)

Just set the CameraType back to Custom to unview it. You can go more into depth with tweens, but this just setting a static position.