Have we found a fix yet for "Sanitized ID" bug for animations

This seems to be a bug from around august, but it just popped up for me, and I cannot find any fixes for it.
It is for animations I just created.

5 Likes

No, wait patiently or upload it again. It also may not work in roblox studio at all.

1 Like

When new animations are created they can’t be used until they’re in your inventory, if you try to it throws this error

Currently the only solution is overwriting old/unused animations

Edit (I said this in a reply but figured I should add it here too):
Let me clarify some things

Animations don’t always immediately show up in your inventory when posted

Solutions are to wait until it pops up in your inventory, or overwrite an old/unused animation

4 Likes

I also found that if you wait a few hours (I waited over night), it magically works. I’m guessing that roblox moderates animations now (or inventory update is slow) so you have to wait for them to be moderated before you can use them.

2 Likes

It doesn’t seem like it’s a moderation thing, and I don’t know why the inventory update would be slow with animations but not with anything else

1 Like

It happens to me with other assets like Models.

1 Like

This is happening to me also. Even after it finally shows up in my inventory it’s the wrong animation.

Based on that solution, new developers cant create their own working animation

Let me clarify some things

Animations don’t always immediately show up in your inventory when posted

Solutions are to wait until it pops up in your inventory, or overwrite an old/unused animation

If it’s the wrong animation you should be able to overwrite it

I tried overwriting it and I couldn’t get it to work. When you overwrite an animation does it generate a new id? I’ve tried several animations and now I’m not even sure which one it’s playing because it shows the anim id of the animation I want but animation it’s playing is an old one that I have modified tons of times and has several different saves. Maybe I need to clear out some old unused animations.

It shouldn’t, are you sure you’re overwriting correctly and using the right ID?

I see now I was overwriting the wrong animation . After overwriting the oldest version of the animation it now is showing correctly, thank you for the help!

1 Like

all my animations are useful, I created animation like 5-6 hours ago and i still dont have it.

You could try contacting roblox support, other than that I don’t think there’s anything else you can do

you are right, there is nothing i can do, besides moving on another platform like unreal engine or godot until they fix this bug/feature. Roblox support is a joke unless someone has direct contact with administrators. Bye people

rip this future famous roblox developer. it is a sad day, we lost another one to unreal

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.