Having a part selected then hovering another part will cause the highlight effect to dupe and cover screen

Open studio, create two parts, select the first, then hover the second, if you look away from the selected part it will disappear

buggybug.rbxl (41.4 KB)
me when the bug is buggy - YouTube - video

Expected behavior

For the selection box highlight to not dupe

Edit for staff

This is on AMD GPUs and APUs, it seems to be on all driver versions, looks fine in client so assuming it is dealing with hovering in studio only. It also happens with Vulkan render, anything else is also fine, but super laggy after a few minutes

4 Likes

Same issue here, using an AMD Radeon RX560 (AMD Graphics), please add an option to disable it and go back to primitive selection boxes or fix this it’s annoying!!!

The only way to stop this currently is to disable “Show Hover Over” altogether, you won’t be able to see what you’re hovering at anymore but it gets the job done.

seems to be mostly AMD, havent seen anyone with Nvidia GPUs have this yet

Yeah, based on my experience, AMD drivers has a lot of problems in a lot of games that were built from scratch (empty C++ projects, no game engine), I don’t know why. My best bet is to reinstall/downgrade the Radeon software, usually it solves the problem.

Edit: + This issue is fairly recent and have something to do with how Roblox Studio renders Highlighting since it does not happen once you actually play using the Roblox client.

i havent updated my drivers in months, was fine a while ago but now it is happening, it gets really bad after a while which gets in the way of doing any work.

Having the same behavior, I’ve seen it across many people.
This is caused by having Vulkan rendering on from studio settings > rendering > graphics mode set to Vulkan.

This issue began on latest update as of yesterday CST.

Changing to any other rendering mode in AMD is not a solution since after 5 or 10 minutes of use performance degrades beyond bearable levels (I’m talking down to 17 fps after 15 minutes of little to no use).

1 Like

Bug seems to big fixed on the most recent AMD drivers, for me at least

Running Vulkan, driver version is 23.4.3, beta is active, and nothing

Not sure if this was a fix on Roblox’s side, or AMDs side, but we are free from selection party mode :tada:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.