Having a Problem Animating tool parts

Hello there, recently i’ve been making animated tool system and stumbled upon one specific problem…
Did everything according this tutorial, problem stays the same…

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/how-to-animate-tool-parts-guns-knifes-etc/359484

Tool is M6D’d, not welded to the arm
First is what it supposed to look like, second - current result

Flare isn’t supposed to be on center of player’s hand as you can see
I checked if the problem was in animation priority, but its set to action so it shouldnt be overdriven by anything.

Might have one suggestions on this…
On moment when i equip the tool it creates some weld in the arm called ‘RightRoot’ which might be blocking the tool itself from being moved.
Im not sure tho

M6D server script

game:GetService("Players").PlayerAdded:Connect(function(plr)	
		local char = plr.Character or plr.CharacterAdded:Wait()		
	    local rightarm = char:WaitForChild("Right Arm")	
	local M6D = Instance.new("Motor6D", rightarm) -- or the part that you have decieded
		M6D.Name = "ToolGrip"

char.ChildAdded:Connect(function(child)
			if child:IsA("Tool") and child:FindFirstChild("BodyAttach") then
			    M6D.Part0 = rightarm
				M6D.Part1 = child.BodyAttach
			end
		end)
	end)

tool local script

local Anim = Instance.new("Animation", script.Parent)
Anim.AnimationId = "rbxassetid://110134775660618"
local track

local char = game.Players.LocalPlayer.Character or game.Players.LocalPlayer.CharacterAdded:Wait()
local load = script.Parent.Parent.Humanoid:LoadAnimation(Anim) 
load.Priority = Enum.AnimationPriority.Action

script.Parent.Equipped:Connect(function()
track = script.Parent.Parent.Humanoid:LoadAnimation(Anim) 
track.Priority = Enum.AnimationPriority.Action4
track:Play()

end)

script.Parent.Unequipped:Connect(function()
if track then
track:Stop()
end
end)

Please, anyone who could help, it’ll be appreaciated i cant figure this out for few hours already and my last brain cells started to die :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did the tutorial specifically tell you to set certain Properties of the Tool/Handle to true or false and you missed it?
It looks like the actual Tool Handle is being placed at the ToolGrip Position Property of the Tool, not the ToolGrip Motor6D.
The Motor6D Part0 and Part1 are also being set but I don’t see any mention of setting the angles of the Motor6D to get the flare placed at the right spot.

I’m afraid that wasn’t the case since i turned off ‘RequiresHandle’, i was experementing a little and if im right it shouldn’t create the weld inside of arm, but apparently it does and it stops the tool from moving in animation.

I just deleted weld inside of script and set the M6D’s C0 position that was set in the dummy i was animating on and applied it on player.
Thanks for your hint! : ]

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.