Having to reinstall roblox every time it updates

We are all familiar with roblox updating and this installing menu

For me whenever it completes, it closes as expected but roblox does not open. When I attempt to click play again, it repeats itself. Updating.

The only I’m aware of for me to fix this issue is by reinstalling roblox. It’s a real issue, especially considering I have slow wifi. Usually installing takes 15-20 minutes and it’s a real pain noticing roblox updating and having to go “Well. Time to reinstall!” every so often. This never used to happen. It only started around a couple months ago.

Anybody know a fix?

2 Likes

Hey, I’ve already encountered this issue. You can:

1. reboot your computer, and once you’re logged on to your computer,
  2. open only the app (Roblox Player), before opening any other softwares/browsers.
  3. Wait for the app to open .It will install the update and open the app.

(edits: grammatical corrections)

3 Likes

Will give this one a go. Thank you!

1 Like

It’s all good, it happened to me the last two updates, there’s a pretty helpful article about that : https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/203312870-General-Desktop-Roblox-Issues

2 Likes

Hey everyone! Unfortunately, the solutions provided has not worked but I have found a workaround myself.

• First, open file explorer and type into the navigation bar “%appdata%”.

• Next, on the same navigation bar you typed into, click “AppData”.

• Navigate to the Roblox folder which should be inside the “Local” folder.

• Go to the “Versions” folder and select any folder labelled with “version” followed by a random sequence of numbers and letters. This folder should contain the “RobloxPlayerInstaller” and “RobloxPlayerLauncher”. If not, check a different one.

• Run the “RobloxPlayerLauncher” and it should do the installing sequence (I always run this as administrator, but I’m not sure if that is required). At the end, it should tell you that Roblox has been installed. You should now be able to play any games after this.

I have to do this every time I have to install a new roblox update. However, it takes less time to do this than to reinstall roblox as a whole- especially when you get fast with it…

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.