Having trouble with knowing how many seconds long an animation is

I know this is kind of a basic post and I’m sorry if this is counted as spam but I’m genuinely confused.

see how the end keyframes are at 0:12? Does that mean the animation goes for 1.2 seconds? But that doesn’t seem right… :thinking:

Edit: All I’m trying to figure out is how long (in seconds) my animation is so I can put a debounce cooldown on playing my animation

3 Likes

I’m not an expert on animation, but from the formatting of the numbers, it does seem to be seconds. 12 seconds.

Also, this is the wrong category.

2 Likes

You can instead use animation keyframes to do something when a specific time is reached while an animation is being played.

The animation does not go for 12 seconds, it is much shorter than that.

Animation stops at 12 seconds.
The picture is basically showing that it’s 0.12/1 mins.

And also, I believe the max animation time is 10 seconds.

Conclusion:

It’s 12 seconds. That’s what is showing. “0.12”

so 0.12 / 0.6 = 0.2, is how long the animation is?

12 frames I believe, usually I run the animation at 60 fps.

where on earth are you getting 0.6 from? it’s simply 12 seconds. the animation is running for 12 seconds lol

are you sure that its 12 seconds not 12 frames? Cause when I’m playing the animation in animation editor, it does not last for 12 seconds, looks like less than a second

Could you maybe send a video? -

robloxapp-20210410-1752050.wmv (91.3 KB)

Found the solution by doing AnimationTrack.Length. In the end it was 0.4.

2 Likes

A tip for the future, every time you start a new animation click the cog in the top right of the animation menu (below the X), click Frame Rate and change it to 60 fps. This will make it so the numbers on the timeline match up with how many seconds long the animation is.

6 Likes

I know this is extremely late but the default settings for the “Timeline Unit” is Seconds:Frames and the default frame rate is 60 fps, hence why 0:12 would be 0.4 seconds and 12 frames, but 1:00 is 1 second or 30 frames. While you can change these settings in the cog icon/settings, The number prior to the colon is the number of seconds the animation is, and the number after the colon is the number of frames during that second. If it makes it easier, you can think of it like whole numbers decimals: E.g. 1:15 = 1 second and 15 frames = 1.5 seconds (going by default settings, 15 frames is equivalent to 0.5 seconds). Another example of this would be 0:24 (but this time, let’s say the frame rate is 120 fps). Since the frames-to-second rate is 1/120 (120 frames) or 0.00833333333, 0:24 would be equal to 0 seconds and 24 frames or 0.2 seconds as 24 is 20% (converted the decimal 0.2 to the percentage 20% (multiplied by 100)) of 120 (the frame rate). Hope this helps with any future endeavors in animating!