Hawtline Bloxami : Artificial Russian Intelligence

Around Cyber Monday last year I got both Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2, both of which are bloody fun games to play. Great stress reliever (well the second one is, not the first) and awesome soundtracks. I was inspired by the AI’s in Hotline Miami and wanted to try to create a similar artificial intelligence using nodes and raycasting. Results are pretty promising and I’m able to run 50 mobsters in a server of 6 players without lag (however, I can only run 25 of them if their all shooting at once, messy firing code)

There isn’t much here at the place other then some structures with roofs that hide when you go in them and horde of ruthless Russian Mobsters that will hunt you down and kill you with rainbow bullets. The AI’s aren’t perfect, but their good enough to use in a fast paced Hotline Miami like game if I ever feel like making a Hotline Miami game.

Plus, this is pretty amazing for me. Especially when I compare that place to this place, you can see I gotten pretty darn far with my AI coding. :smiley:

…anyways I thought I would share with you guys a cool little project I did during the holidays.

1 Like

The gun wouldn’t fire, otherwise it’s pretty neat.

I know, I’m a troll when it comes to tech demos c:

As a Russian living in Miami who likes Hotline Miami, I approve!

gotta get a grip

2 Likes